Solved

complete key code needed

• 6 July 2013
  • 7 replies

Just downloaded my paid subscription to Webfoot Secure Anywhere Mobile for my new phone but cannot find my complete key code anywhere. I tried using the website but it says my email is invalid and I know it isn't! Any suggestions? Thanks!!
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 23 November 2013, 03:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey kattk72 - I apologize for the delayed response.

I have sent you your keycode in a private message. :D
Same here, no keycode received in app order: Order number: 12999763169054705758.1324920114930869 oct 18th Webroot says license expiring in 5 days
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hello Petrossa,

I have just sent you a private message requesting additional information. Please check your inbox and I will be happy to assist you further. 
I downloaded Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile from Amazon for free, directed to there from the Webroot site.

I enter my login, my keycode and get the following message:

Raw Error:
com.webroot.engine.LmEceptions$
WRLicenceManagerInvalidKeycode:
Licence check failed due to invalid
keycode. Response code: 1 [(E005)]

Can anybody help? I have the webroot on my phone (S4) , but it wont work without a keycode. :(

Mike.
Userlevel 7
EDIT- Marked as a Solution in relation only  to the previous reply by Mikelom, and is not implied as a solution to the original poster

Hello mikelom!  The following I admit is a copy/paste, but mobile login questions are something we see commonly but they can have a lot of causes: so to avoid too much typing on my lazy fingers I created the following.  I hope it helps, but do let us know either way!

"This can be caused by quite a few different things.  The first thing to check is to make sure your device is connected to the internet correctly.  (Sometimes the simple things work!)  Try to access a web page to make sure it is working!

Next, make sure you have the right version downloaded for your license of WSA.  Please refer to this KB Article for help.

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes.  

Hopefully SOMETHING in this overly long reply will help!  

Please let us know how you do, and you can also submit that Trouble Ticket for further help if needed as well."

Thank you David,

I got there in the end. First I removed the Amazon download. I attached my S4 to my laptop with USB cable and sync'd them using using Samsung's Kies program. I then downloaded Webroot Secure Anywhere Mobile from google.play.

I did have to do the part you sent above: "Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top."   

- whereby I had to set password to "access" for mobile - which was initially "no access". I switched off my phone, and then when back on I opened webroot, and it recognised and promtped my e-mail address automatically, DID NOT ask for my keycode, and simply asked for my webroot site pwd.

I think sync'ing your phone with your webroot based computer/laptop makes a huge difference.

Regards, and thanks,

Mike.
Userlevel 7
MIke, 

Thanks for letting us know!  Again, I apologize for the length, and complexity of my reply, but there are so very many possible problems I have it easier to just give that huge post first instead of a round of "20 questions" one at a time LOL.  Glad you found a part that applied and helped!

I will take note of the synching with computer... I have not heard of that helpig before but I certainly will check on it and add it to my reply the next time :)

David