Data Flurry

• 17 June 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi,
I'm using "Adhell" on my Androïd phone and I noticed that it often blocks a Webroot Security item : "data.flurry.com"
What should I do ? 
Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi @,

Adhell is an ad/tracking blocker made for Samsung phones.

What it is blocking in our app is our use of Flurry analytics. This is not spying or gathering personal info in any way. This is a harmless analytics service we use, so really you should have nothing to worry about!
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi @,

Adhell is an ad/tracking blocker made for Samsung phones.

What it is blocking in our app is our use of Flurry analytics. This is not spying or gathering personal info in any way. This is a harmless analytics service we use, so really you should have nothing to worry about!
Hi,
Thanks @ for the explanations.
Now there are corollary questions;)
  1. Do you think that it is useful to use an ad/tracking blocker ?
  2. Do you think that Webroot Mobile security should work better without an ad/tracking blocker running alongside it ?

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Hi,
Thanks @ for the explanations.
Now there are corollary questions;)
  1. Do you think that it is useful to use an ad/tracking blocker ?
  2. Do you think that Webroot Mobile security should work better without an ad/tracking blocker running alongside it ?
Ello @,

1. This is somewhat subjective. If it's blocking ads and bettering your experience, then yes.
  2. I don't believe this app is hindering our app at all, as long as it's only blocking that one connection. Again, that's only for analytics, so the rest of the app's ability to connect to the internet and do its job should be fine. I believe our app will also display a message when it cannot connect to our servers to do its job.

Let me know if I can do anything else:catwink:

Cheers,
Userlevel 6
Bonjour @
Userlevel 7

Userlevel 6
Hello,
I'm very surprised because before I open this topic, ther were at least 20 [Webroot Security item : "data.flurry.com] blocked ; and now, since Friday 23 June 2017 at 21h30 (French time zone), there is no longer any [Webroot Security item : "data.flurry.com] blocked......
My question is to know if possibily this item was whitelisted by Adhell after a contact with Webroot team ?
Userlevel 7
It's possible, @, but seems somewhat unlikely. Maybe they're listening more than you think?:S
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
It's possible, @, but seems somewhat unlikely. Maybe they're listening more than you think?:S
;)