Solved

Definition Update Failed

Show first post

169 replies

Userlevel 7
You can do a fresh uninstall/reinstall of the Complete app on your HTC device and use the keycode that I sent you via PM. Also, the sales number is 1-866-612-4268 if you would like to see if the seats can be adjusted for you. 😃
That is the correct keycode and it matches the one I have on my pc as well. I tried using the button on my web console that shows I need to renew my HTC phone, and when I entered the keycode, I got a message that that keycode was already in use.

Not sure what to do now...
Userlevel 7
They are definitely covered under your Complete subscription. Just open the SecureAnywhere apps and tap register to make sure that they are using the keycode that I just sent you in a private message.
When I renewed, I assumed my coverage (SecureAnywhere) would continue without any changes. If you notice in my records, the Samsung Galaxy phone is covered, and my HTC should be covered too, because it was previously covered.

I did not add any coverage, nor did I cancel any devices. I merely renewed my contract. I have always had two phones and my computer registered with you.

Please take care of this.

Userlevel 7
Did you renew to a new suite? For example, from Internet Security Plus to Internet Security Complete? I only see the Complete subscription and if you upgraded the keycode it should have automatically mirrored the new days onto the mobile Complete app.
Thanks - but it appears that when I renewed, Webroot did not renew my phone. I have submitted a ticket and hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
The uninstall/reinstall suggestion or forcing a definition update will most likely resolve the issue.

Force Definition Update: Open SecureAnywhere>tap Security>tap Antivirus>tap Schedule>tap Force Definitions Update Now
Userlevel 7
Hello Frustrated, 

Have you tried to uninstall and then reinstall?  That sometimes helps update problems.  Let us know if that works, as others may have additional ideas and you can also Submit a Trouble Ticket as well.
Unfortunately, my phone is having this problem again and it won't clear itself like it used to when I run a scan. Please help (see user name). 
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the confirmation Anders! 🙂
Userlevel 1
3.3.0.5540 solved this issue
Userlevel 1
Will do. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
There is a mobile update due out on Monday if all goes according to plan. Let's see if the issue persists following the update please. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hi!

I started getting these OOM errors around a week ago with the WSA Complete app. My last successful definitions update was 468. Before this, it worked fine on my HTC Desire 2.2, even if the phone was fully loaded with other apps.

I've tried everything. I even did a factory reset on my phone and reformatted the SD card, and installed the app again. Now the current definitions are 464 and utdates fail with OMM errors. 
There is only one other third-party app on the phone now, and available RAM seems to be around 100MB + 185MB.

I suspect it has something to do with v. 3.2.0.5065 released on March 5.
What a novice like me do find a little strange, is that the amount of RAM the WSA app is using is varying from 15MB to 85MB when the phone is passive (just being monitored).

(What's even stranger, is that nobody else is mentioning this. Do they just uninstall the app and never look back?)

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I'm happy to say that I can confidently state that upon updating to the newest version of Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete this issue has been resolved on my phone (Droid Razor Maxx). The phone is scanning and updating definitions when I turn on the phone and I am able to force a definition update w/o ANY ERRORS!!  Thanks Jim and others for all of your perseverance.
That's great! Thanks for the feedback. Droid is widely used especially in US so all of them should be fine with the latest WSA version.
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
I'm happy to say that I can confidently state that upon updating to the newest version of Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete this issue has been resolved on my phone (Droid Razor Maxx). The phone is scanning and updating definitions when I turn on the phone and I am able to force a definition update w/o ANY ERRORS!!  Thanks Jim and others for all of your perseverance.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I also have this problem now.  Starts with "Definitions Update Failed".  After clicking through 'fix now', i get a 'network error attempting to access the Webroot servers".  I have verified i'm connected to the internet.  Suggestions?
Hello lynchrt and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Can you kindly revert with result after upgrade to the latest version (3.1.0.4542) from the Google Play as Mike suggested? We would like to monitor whether the OOM error has been resolved for all devices. If the upgrade doesn't resolve it for you, could you inform about your Android device?

Thanks & regards,
pegas
Userlevel 7
Hello lynchrt,

"Definitions Update Failed" errors should be resolved. Please try updating the app from the Google Play store.
I also have this problem now.  Starts with "Definitions Update Failed".  After clicking through 'fix now', i get a 'network error attempting to access the Webroot servers".  I have verified i'm connected to the internet.  Suggestions?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Build 3.1.0.4541 has been issued today. Have upgraded and there are really really promising signs on my HTC the OOM error could be resolved for good. I will test this build extensively and will revert with results later on. 
Thanks Jim, Roloc and others of Webroot for your hard work to beat this error.

Stay tuned ;)
I am very pleased to inform that the OOM error was resolved :D

I underwent an extensive testing of the latest 3.1 build on my HTC focusing on the definition set updates which were malfunctioning due to the OOM error. I was playing with the date & time, I was shifting them back and forth to see if AV definitions will be automatically installed or the error will be occuring again. I have got satisfying results ... AV definitions were installed successfuly and no more errors appeared. After that I reverted the date & time back to the actual and waited for updates as per the set schedule which resulted in receiving AV set 400 yesterday and AV set 401 today.

Therefore I dared to proclaim the OOM error was defeated :D

I want to express my thanks to all at Webroot who contributed to resolve this issue. Well done ;)

Furthermore, I want to encourage all users who were plagued with the OOM error to share their experience with the latest 3.1 build.

Thanks & regards,
pegas
Userlevel 3
Thanks a ton for the update Pegas.  We had some funkiness on some of the devices yesterday that wasn't related to OOM issues so we couldn't reply the update was out just yet.

I am anxious to hear how it is going after a few days of use in the field. 

Steve
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Update!
There will be improvements in version 3.1 that may help to address the remainder of the OutOfMemory issues still being experienced.  3.1 should be available soon, but we don't have an exact date since Google still has to go through their QA process.  Roloc or I will reply back again when it's out.  :)
Build 3.1.0.4541 has been issued today. Have upgraded and there are really really promising signs on my HTC the OOM error could be resolved for good. I will test this build extensively and will revert with results later on.

Thanks Jim, Roloc and others of Webroot for your hard work to beat this error.

Stay tuned ;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Update!
There will be improvements in version 3.1 that may help to address the remainder of the OutOfMemory issues still being experienced.  3.1 should be available soon, but we don't have an exact date since Google still has to go through their QA process.  Roloc or I will reply back again when it's out.  :)
Thanks Jim for the update. Eagerly awaiting 3.1 build that hopefully will resolve the OOM error.
Userlevel 7
Update!
There will be improvements in version 3.1 that may help to address the remainder of the OutOfMemory issues still being experienced.  3.1 should be available soon, but we don't have an exact date since Google still has to go through their QA process.  Roloc or I will reply back again when it's out.  🙂
Userlevel 7
The story continues ...

Yesterday WSA auto updated to AV set 391. It was the first time when it was done automatically without necessity to undergo terrifying terminating/restarting procedure stated in my above post. However today WSA automatically checked for updates (observed notification Last checked for definition update on 22.11.2012 at 7:50) and reverted definition set to 373. It seems that this AV set plays an important role in this OOM error issue. I have checked the web console and again there was last definition update before 42 years. Funny thing, indeed. So then I manually run update and received AV set 393 what is now correctly recorded in the console.

Sorry for bothering with my posts in this thread but I want to give Webroot staff as many information as possible. On the other hand I would appreciate Webroot breaks its silence and begins to again communicate via this thread or PM.