Solved

Definition Update Failed

Show first post

169 replies

Because as I said previously, my Android phone does not have Google Play on it!
Userlevel 3
Pegas,

Good catch on the console 🙂.  Good news is it only does that with the bundled definitions and once you get a definition update it should finally be younger than you are again.

We will bug that though and get it fixed in future releases.  I will take those kind of bugs all day long 🙂.

Also Hansi can't upgrade because we no longer support Android 2.1.  And we haven't for a month or so now. 

Steve

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
If I can't update Webroot  on my Experia phone, there's no point in having it. Have now uninstalled and installed another AV.
Can I understand that you are not able to uninstall WSA and install it back from Google play?
If I can't update Webroot  on my Experia phone, there's no point in having it. Have now uninstalled and installed another AV.
The updated was a little confusing to find but my phone is finally up to date! Such a relief! Thanks for all your hard work 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Just verifying the version number for the update.
Version 3.0.0.4127
Definition Set 373
See the correction above.
Just verifying the version number for the update.
Version 3.0.0.412
Definition Set 373
Userlevel 7
Well I couldn't withstand that the update definition is older than me so I reinstalled Complete on my HTC and please see the result below:

The build is correct but there is no way to persuade the console that definition update is REALLY younger than me 😃 Anyway I hope that it will correct itself once a new update definition set is installed.

Userlevel 7
It seems that everything's alright on my HTC, immediatelly after the upgrade to the newest build AV definitions had updated to definition set 373. Rechecking for updates returned no error whatsoever.

However I have noticed funny thing in my console, see below

Last definition update is for two years older than me 😃 Moreover it shows the old build number. It looks like communication between the phone and console is somehow crippled.
Userlevel 7
Hi Hansi,

Your device itself only supports Android up to version 2.1 (Eclair), which is very, very old by smartphone standards. As of version 3.0 of our Android app, we no longer support Eclair. There are certain operating system features in every version past Eclair that simply do not exist on Eclair. We had to make a judgement call that in order to provide the best security we can for modern phones, we had to end support for Eclair. That is why you don't see it on the Market anymore.

Your particular device started out on Android 1.6 - Donut, and it was maximally upgradable to what you are on - Android 2.1 - Eclair. Sadly, we cannot support that device any longer. You will need to look at upgrading to a newer smartphone if you would like to continue using Webroot on that kind of device.

For other people experiencing this issue, it's possible you just need to ask your carrier for an update to your Android operating system. On this particular model however, I can confirm that you can't update the OS past Eclair.
Userlevel 3
ran update and all is good,no more out of memory error,thanks webroot
Userlevel 3
sbutter,

I don't think you could possibly grasp how happy that makes me to hear that!

Hopefully this thread gets filled with many responses like yours and then we can just watch it fade from memory :)

By the way those I asked to hold tight, you should be seeing the upgrade now in the google play store. 

Steve
SUCCESS!

Had to uninstall and then download and re-install from Google Playbook but everything is working great now!

Many THANKS!!
Sony Ericcson Experia X8. Android. And now I've deleted the old version, and the new version is not on Android Market, so now I don't have anything!
:manmad:
Userlevel 7
What model and operating system is your phone?

If you have an older operating system on your phone, it may still be called the Android Market.
I don;t have Google Play Store n my phone. What do i do?

Thanks for.the update
Thanks for quick reply
Userlevel 3
Sbutter,

It isn't showing up on the google play store for me yet.  I am guessing it hasn't gotten to you either.  Hang tight and I will let you know when I see it popping up for me. 

Steve
Hasn't solved my problem!  Still getting OutOfMemoryError processing def update.

Have shut phone down

Restarted

Connected to wireless network instead of cell phone connection

No joy on any of these.

Device is Motorola Droid X
Userlevel 3
We are pushing it to the Google Play store now. It will be available to update through there.

Sometimes it can take a while for the update to become available.
Where can i find the new version?
Userlevel 7
Hello everyone!

Roloc and our development team have been tirelessly working on new definitions and memory management methods and they are finally here! :D

Thank you so much for everyone's patience and a huge thank you to our dev team for making this their top priority.

We would love to hear your feedback on the new definition release and if things have returned to normal.

Android - Version 3.0.0.4127 Released

Userlevel 7
Yes, it is a known issue on which Webroot tirelessly is working to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

However it shouldn't last too long as Rolock said in his post http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Mobile-for-Android/Definition-Update-Failed/m-p/13136#M1059

So the fix is being presently tested and should be released within this week.
There appears to be a problem with your server in that it fails to update threat definitions any more. I get messages: your device doesn't currently have internet access - when in fact I do! And yes, I have switched from 3g to WiFi and vice-versa. I also get out of memory errors too. Your update facility worked fine up until about a week ago. Can someone please look into this and fix it. I noticed that other customers are experiencing the same problem.

This post was moved to a pre-existing topic regarding Definition Updates.