Solved

Definition Update Failed

Show first post

169 replies

I also have this problem now.  Starts with "Definitions Update Failed".  After clicking through 'fix now', i get a 'network error attempting to access the Webroot servers".  I have verified i'm connected to the internet.  Suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Hello lynchrt,

"Definitions Update Failed" errors should be resolved. Please try updating the app from the Google Play store.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I also have this problem now.  Starts with "Definitions Update Failed".  After clicking through 'fix now', i get a 'network error attempting to access the Webroot servers".  I have verified i'm connected to the internet.  Suggestions?
Hello lynchrt and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Can you kindly revert with result after upgrade to the latest version (3.1.0.4542) from the Google Play as Mike suggested? We would like to monitor whether the OOM error has been resolved for all devices. If the upgrade doesn't resolve it for you, could you inform about your Android device?

Thanks & regards,
pegas
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
I'm happy to say that I can confidently state that upon updating to the newest version of Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete this issue has been resolved on my phone (Droid Razor Maxx). The phone is scanning and updating definitions when I turn on the phone and I am able to force a definition update w/o ANY ERRORS!!  Thanks Jim and others for all of your perseverance.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I'm happy to say that I can confidently state that upon updating to the newest version of Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Complete this issue has been resolved on my phone (Droid Razor Maxx). The phone is scanning and updating definitions when I turn on the phone and I am able to force a definition update w/o ANY ERRORS!!  Thanks Jim and others for all of your perseverance.
That's great! Thanks for the feedback. Droid is widely used especially in US so all of them should be fine with the latest WSA version.
Userlevel 1
Hi!

I started getting these OOM errors around a week ago with the WSA Complete app. My last successful definitions update was 468. Before this, it worked fine on my HTC Desire 2.2, even if the phone was fully loaded with other apps.

I've tried everything. I even did a factory reset on my phone and reformatted the SD card, and installed the app again. Now the current definitions are 464 and utdates fail with OMM errors. 
There is only one other third-party app on the phone now, and available RAM seems to be around 100MB + 185MB.

I suspect it has something to do with v. 3.2.0.5065 released on March 5.
What a novice like me do find a little strange, is that the amount of RAM the WSA app is using is varying from 15MB to 85MB when the phone is passive (just being monitored).

(What's even stranger, is that nobody else is mentioning this. Do they just uninstall the app and never look back?)

Userlevel 7
There is a mobile update due out on Monday if all goes according to plan. Let's see if the issue persists following the update please. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Will do. Thanks!
Userlevel 1
3.3.0.5540 solved this issue
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the confirmation Anders! 🙂
Unfortunately, my phone is having this problem again and it won't clear itself like it used to when I run a scan. Please help (see user name). 
Userlevel 7
Hello Frustrated, 

Have you tried to uninstall and then reinstall?  That sometimes helps update problems.  Let us know if that works, as others may have additional ideas and you can also Submit a Trouble Ticket as well.
Userlevel 7
The uninstall/reinstall suggestion or forcing a definition update will most likely resolve the issue.

Force Definition Update: Open SecureAnywhere>tap Security>tap Antivirus>tap Schedule>tap Force Definitions Update Now
Thanks - but it appears that when I renewed, Webroot did not renew my phone. I have submitted a ticket and hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Did you renew to a new suite? For example, from Internet Security Plus to Internet Security Complete? I only see the Complete subscription and if you upgraded the keycode it should have automatically mirrored the new days onto the mobile Complete app.
When I renewed, I assumed my coverage (SecureAnywhere) would continue without any changes. If you notice in my records, the Samsung Galaxy phone is covered, and my HTC should be covered too, because it was previously covered.

I did not add any coverage, nor did I cancel any devices. I merely renewed my contract. I have always had two phones and my computer registered with you.

Please take care of this.

Userlevel 7
They are definitely covered under your Complete subscription. Just open the SecureAnywhere apps and tap register to make sure that they are using the keycode that I just sent you in a private message.
That is the correct keycode and it matches the one I have on my pc as well. I tried using the button on my web console that shows I need to renew my HTC phone, and when I entered the keycode, I got a message that that keycode was already in use.

Not sure what to do now...
Userlevel 7
You can do a fresh uninstall/reinstall of the Complete app on your HTC device and use the keycode that I sent you via PM. Also, the sales number is 1-866-612-4268 if you would like to see if the seats can be adjusted for you. 😃
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (deleted the device, then added it again as a new one) and this solved the definitions update problem.

I will call the sales number you gave me and see if they can remove that "trial" keycode that shows I still need to renew/update my phone. I don't have any idea where that came from but obviously I don't need to renew that expired keycode.

Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Thank you for the update - I am glad that worked. I removed the trial keycode as well but you can still contact sales to discuss how many seats you would like.
im also having this problem cant update and getting the same message as post 1 here can you help please ???

Blueyes
Userlevel 7
Hello blueyestim and welcome to the Webroot Community!

First of all, you should try the quickest workaround which helped other users. I mean a clean reinstall of WSA (from Google Play) on your Android device and revert with result.
i tried that and had to remove it again was killing my batt. trying to update was just setting trying so i do not have it installed right now waiting on your reply before i reinstall
Userlevel 7
Hmmm, it's less likely that WSA would be killing battery. WSA is extremely light on resources and batteries. If you're using WSA Premier or Complete, please install it back and go to Battery Monitor under App Inspector where you can check which applications are draining the battery most. If you're using Free version you don't have this App Inspector available and you would have to download other free tool from Google Play which can monitor battery usage.

BTW, what version of Android do you have on your device? Just pondering, how old your battery is? Can't be in the end of its life?