Solved

Definitions do not update per schedule

Badge +1
Definitions are scheduled to update daily, but warning message occurs weekly stating that definitions are out of date.  Selecting "fix this now" does update definitions properly.  Manually selecting "force definitions update now" always works without a problem, just the scheduled updates do not occur.

Have uninstalled Secure Anywhere Mobile Complete from Droid, rebooted Droid, downloaded clean copy (registered) from Play, reinstalled, rebooted Droid again.  No change, scheduled definition updates do not occur.  

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Baldrick 5 May 2014, 12:45

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello cne76!  Welcome to the Webroot Commuity!

What time of day is it set to update?  A time when you are up and awake or scheduled for overnight?

Does your phone complete other internet based tasks such as receiving incoming email, facebook messages or other such things at the time it if failing to recieve the Webroot updates?
Badge +1
The schedule is det to "daily".  Typically, when definitions were updating correctly (about a month ago) this would be around 3am.  I am not aware of a setting in the mobile app to set an actual time, just daily, weekly, etc..  Presently, the time stamp for updates is the last time I forced update around 6pm.

The Droid has a corporate exchange email account synced at all times (not batch) and that is working fine. Also an Xfinity (syncs hourly) and Gmail account that are also working fine.

Userlevel 7
Hi cne76

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Given what you are reporting I would suggest an uninstall/download/reinstall...or, alternatively, you should Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team take a look at your setup as there may be a conflict causing the issue.

Either way, do post back and let us know when & how the issue has been resolved for you.

Regards

Baldrick
Badge +1
I opened a support ticket and after several messages was told the issue was turned over to development and to wait for a future release to correct the problem

A new app release was pushed on 5/17/14 v3.6.0.6606 which did fix the bug.  Definition updates now automatically occur on a frequent basis (almost daily).

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Thank you for letting us know!

I had not noticed an issue with my own Android updating, but my gril's tablet seemed to be acting as your was.  It looks like hers too is updating correctly now as well!
Userlevel 7
Hi cne76

Hope that you are well?

Many thanks for coming back to updated us, as David has already posted.  Such feedback is extremely useful moving forward as it allows us to validate the advice/support provided and so assist users in the future who may come here with the same or a similar issue.

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Baldrick
I was able to fix my Android " Definitions Out-Of-Date " Problem, by following the uninstall instuctions for SecureAnyTime App.Then reinstalling Webroot App from Play Store. That was the only way to solve my delima.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I was able to fix my Android " Definitions Out-Of-Date " Problem, by following the uninstall instuctions for SecureAnyTime App.Then reinstalling Webroot App from Play Store. That was the only way to solve my delima.
That's the correct workaround for now.  Dev has been alerted and is working on fixing the issue.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hi JDP4340! Welcome to the Community Forum!:D

Thank you for the confirmation!

Have a Great Day!

Salute'
I got this error message as well and have tried unsuccessfully to update.  Every time I click on "Fix It Now," nothing happens.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still have the same problem.
Thanks to all who post their questions and replies. It greatly helps us in times of trouble.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I got this error message as well and have tried unsuccessfully to update.  Every time I click on "Fix It Now," nothing happens.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still have the same problem.
Hello maxitz and Welcome. This problem that you are discribing is being worked on as we speak! Theres a temporary fix if you want to uninstall WSA and reinstall your version of WSA and making sure you have your Keycode available! Did you clear the cache as well and did you reboot and then reinstall?

You can find the instructions Here

Sorry is this for a mobile cell device? If so please continue or you can issue a Support TICKET HERE

Sorry for the inconvience and get back to us if you have more questions!

Thanks!
It's for a mobile.  I had done all of that prior to posting my message.  I decided to reboot, for the second time, after the reinstall, and now it seems to have updated my definitions. I hope this problem is being worked on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This one should now be fixed!