Solved

Detector for Heartbleed bug

• 11 April 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi,

I was wondering if Webroot has released any specialized detector for Heartbleed bug in Android devices. Or does WSA mobile for Android already detects it?

As mentioned here, When Google announced it had patched its key services, it also mentioned Android was largely unaffected, with one (big) exception -- devices running Android 4.1.1 The good news is Google has already sent a patch to its Android partners. The bad news? Now we have to wait for those partners to implement it, followed by carriers testing and pushing out the update. Android users know how slow this process can be. Hopefully with the critical nature of the Heartbleed bug, and the attention it's received, these partners and carriers will work quickly to get the fix out.

In the meantime, it would be great if users could verify if their Android devices are at risk. Some security companies for Android like Lookout has already released a detector as also mentioned in the article.

icon

Best answer by nic 11 April 2014, 19:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As far as I know we haven't added anything to the product to check for this.  Probably easiest just to use the online check sites like this one:
https://lastpass.com/heartbleed/
Userlevel 7
Oh I see. Thanks Nic.:)
Five gotten some kind of Trojan, I'm assuming from heart bleed, that generates spam email about every five days. Webroot scans don't find it. I've uninstalled the email apps and reinstalled. Why can't webroot find it and how do I get rid of it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello mikeernstco and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

If you feel that your infected please Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to help you free of charge!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi mikeernstco

May I add my welcome to the Community Forums?

As Daniel has suggested the Support Ticket is your best bet here...however, please note that whilst Support do operate 24/7 as it is a weekend, and a holiday weekend at that, they may take longer then there usual quick turn around time to respond.

Also, should you have any further questions please feel free to ask them here, and we will do our best to respond to them.

Regards

Baldrick