Solved

device not recognized

• 23 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Suddenly about 2 weeks ago I began receiving responses from websites when I would login. I would get an email saying that my password was used from a new device and if this was me not to worry but if it wasn't me to change my password contact them. I've had the same Samsung Galaxy 7s for 5 or 6 years and it is my only internet access. Is there some weird kind of worm that would cause this? It's happening on Amazon and PayPal and a whole bunch of other website so I don't think it's their issue but I have Webroot on my phone so I don't see how it could be mine. Can somebody tell me what's happening?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 23 July 2020, 17:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Whatever55 

It’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they can look into your issue as we can only do so much on the Community and support has tools and can look at your logs.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

This can also happen if you change to a different server or you've reset your phone recently. On GP (general principal) it's a good idea to update change your passwords once in a while, especially for sites like eBay, Amazon, PayPal, etc.