Solved

Device Removal From SecureAnywhere web interface

I currently have 3 devices protected under the mobile security tab.  I no longer own 2 of them.  Is there a way to remove them from the tab so I can add new devices?  The only other time I've been able to remove devices is by contacting customer service.  Kind of a pain, becuase their system has changed.  You used to be able to just send an e-mail and they would remove a device.  Now you have to call them and start a trouble ticket.  Plus when you click on the "Contact Us" link it redirects you here or to another site that is even less helpful.
icon

Best answer by YegorP 28 March 2012, 22:51

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Volitay and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I found your support ticket and I looked further into your issue. While the mobile devices do appear on your portal account, they are there only as historical references. You can go ahead and add the new mobile devices as planned! Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.
Userlevel 7
As an extra bit of information, you can get a support ticket opened by clicking "Support" at the top of most Webroot pages, then "Get Support" button under SecureAnywhere, then the bold "Open a Support Ticket" line that is currently on the right of the resulting page.

This forum is also manned by Webroot employees and in a lot of cases, the answer to what a person is looking for is already on the forums when a search is done.  It very frequently helps people not have to open a support ticket, which is definitely a time-saver for them.
I have 5 devices within my Webroot account, however, 3 of them no longer apply
(D5FWN191-CPW,  GATEWAY_SYSTEM,  TREVOR-PC).  How can I remove them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have 5 devices within my Webroot account, however, 3 of them no longer apply
(D5FWN191-CPW,  GATEWAY_SYSTEM,  TREVOR-PC).  How can I remove them?
Hello Pawolf! Welcome to the Forum. Go to your on line counsol and deactivate your devices there. Access Web Console > Post back for further instructions if you need them Ok! We will be here to help you further if you don't understand.

Userlevel 6
Welcome to the community Pawolf!

Happy to have you here!

Beth

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
To add what Sherry suggested: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/675/Deactivating-a-PC & http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/684/Removing-a-mobile-device and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Daniel 😉
Within the Access Control (Webroot Secure Anywhere site), I am not finding where the option is to remove the unused devices.  As an example, wihtin the PC Security option, it will show all devices that i have used in the past.  When clicking on one of the devices, you would think that the removal options would be within the device selected but it is not.  perhaps I am accessing an older version of the console?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Within the Access Control (Webroot Secure Anywhere site), I am not finding where the option is to remove the unused devices.  As an example, wihtin the PC Security option, it will show all devices that i have used in the past.  When clicking on one of the devices, you would think that the removal options would be within the device selected but it is not.  perhaps I am accessing an older version of the console?
Hello Pawolf! I don't think there is an older console and I might be wrong..let me see if Baldrick is on to advise you further andI'll be back to post some more pictures if need be,

Please wait and we will check this out.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Heres some Photos ...is this what you are seeing? And have you looked here at KB.http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/675/Deactivating-a-PC  EDIT:Also only our Technical Support Team are the only ones to remove the Console keycodes. And While the mobile devices do appear on your portal account, they are there only as historical references.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No you can't delete the Deactivated Devices only the Support Inbox can so it's best to ask them to removed but it's not necessary to get them removed it's just a history of Devices removed from your account and at times some would have to Reactivate to show on the Online Console again. Also I have 6 on mine that are still there.

HTH,

Daniel ;)

My screen that comes up for each device includes only the "About" and "Scan information" options.  It does not show the "Commands" option for some reason.
Userlevel 6

@ wrote:
My screen that comes up for each device includes only the "About" and "Scan information" options.  It does not show the "Commands" option for some reason.
Sorry Pawolf,

Have you deactivated each device  or are you trying to do so now?

Triple Helix any suggestions?

You may want to submit a support ticket. Tech support will be happy to assist you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
You only get Commands with PC's & Mac's not on Moblie Devices so if you don't see them on PC's or Mac's please contact support like what was suggested a few times already.

Thanks,

Daniel

m following those same steps, however, after clicking on the device within the security options, the "scan information" and "commands" options do not appear.  I think this is the step where my console is different than yours. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
m following those same steps, however, after clicking on the device within the security options, the "scan information" and "commands" options do not appear.  I think this is the step where my console is different than yours. 
Please contact support so they can help you as it is unusual not to see the same settings unless you are using the Business Endpoint Online Console that one is very different!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉