Device Thread

• 17 September 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
So since I got my new toy- LG G2 from Verizon, I was curious as to who is using what device and how the software is performing for you. I'm still trying to get used to the switch from my old Crackberry ?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good one Jeff as I got my first smart phone last week it's a HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 and I think it's awesome with great sound and I know @ has the HTC One but I hate the prices of the Data plans mine is $90 with taxes per month and I can upgrade after 2 years in which I think it's stupid at least 3 or 4 years would be good and drop the prices on the Data plans in Canada anyways! I got the Gold one: http://www.htc.com/ca/smartphones/htc-one-m8/

With.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
I have one of these: 

It's basically a Galaxy S4 running Windows Phone 8.1

I got it SIM free last year for less than 200 USD. My plan is 20 euro a month which gives me 1gb of data, free calls+texts to anybody on my network and a load of other calls+Texts.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SPH-I800HNASPR
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's nice one Roy and I see HTC One M8 has a Windows Phone also but not here in Canada. :@

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
My wife recently switched from iPhone to the Galaxy S5, and she likes it a lot.  I'm still on iPhone though 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The nice thing when I opened the pakage HTC is giving there users 100GB added to your Google Drive for 2 years. Nic will go Android next time keep trying your' wife's phone and you will see the light! LOL

Daniel
Userlevel 6
I have also switched to a LG G2 from a Galaxy S3 a few weeks ago and I don't regret it ;) 
With the renewal of my contract I could choose from every available smartphone but had no need for a highend device; so I took the G2 and additonaly(for a few bucks) a S4 mini for my wife. 
I think this smartphone will be one of the first where I won't apply a custom firmware as I'm not missing anything and do like the LG software.