Email Block

• 21 November 2015
  • 4 replies

Cannot email from Samsung Note 3 after Webroot install.  Why? Also have two Samsung Tablets I have not tested yet and my Laptop.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Shawkeyr,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry you are having this issue. I own a Samsung Notebook 4 and I am running Webroot on this Android. I am not having any problems with Webroot blocking my email.

Have you just installed Webroot? Has this issue just started?

Maybe a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot is in order?

If you want you can always submit a Support Ticket free of charge and they can check this out for you. This is a free service with a Webroot subscription.
I had Webroot a year ago and let it expire. I renewed last night and updated all of our tech. My laptop, both Samsung Tablets, and both Samsung Notes. None of them can send email now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi again Shawkeyr,

From researching further I have this information for you:

Most of the time, email issues can be resolved by simply reinstalling the email app you’re using. This allows the system unclog itself, especially if there are corrupted system files related to the app. We know that reinstalling the app can be chore but there is no known solution for the type of issue you’ve raised here. We know for a fact that your email servers are working because your account is okay on other devices. Before you reinstall the email though, try to clear the application’s cache first and observe what happens. To do this, please follow these steps:
  1. From a home screen, select Apps Applications icon (located in the lower right).
  2. From the Apps tab, select Settings.
  3. Select Application Manager.
  4. From the All tab, select the email app you’re using.
  5. Select Clear cache.
Clearing the application cache ensures that possible corrupted temporary files used by the device to access your files faster are deleted. Again, if nothing happens reinstallation of your email app should resolve the issue.

Again I hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I had Webroot a year ago and let it expire. I renewed last night and updated all of our tech. My laptop, both Samsung Tablets, and both Samsung Notes. None of them can send email now.
Sorry we just crossed paths..

Again if you feel this is related to Webroot then please submit that Support Ticket, OK? Otherwise I would uninstall/reinstall on one of them to see if it makes a difference.