Solved

Fire HD 10 Plus (11th gen) can't find Webroot Secure Anywhere in Amazon App Store. Anyone else having this problem?

• 4 July 2021
  • 2 replies

I have a Webroot license and want to add my new Kindle Fire HD 10 Plus as my 3rd device.  I cannot find Webroot Secure Anywhere when trying to access through the App Store.  What am I doing wrong?  Is Webroot Secure Anywhere compatible with this new Fire tablet?  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 4 July 2021, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Ammce 

Have you tried to install from Google Play? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.wms

See here for more info to see if it will help you:

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Yeah I don’t think Webroot supports the Fire OS natively as I don’t see it on the Amazon App Store on my Fire HD 8 (7th gen, 2017).  

Amazon Fire devices do not have the Google framework infrastructure installed as Fire OS is Amazon’s rebadge of an older version of Android with access to only their Amazon Play Store. So no access to Google Play Store out of the box.

There is a way to install the Google framework by sideloading 3 or 4 Google apks onto the Amazon Fire to get access to the Google Play Store, although I don’t know if you can still do it with current Amazon Fire devices but I think I heard last year it was still able to.  

I’ve done this with my 2017 Fire HD, so I have access to both Amazon and Google Play store, but I do not use Webroot on this device.

Having access to the Google Play store on the Amazon Fire is nice initially, since I’m able to install Android apps that I have on my Pixel phone and other Android tablets. Although nowadays I’m increasingly seeing newer versions of installed apps from the Google Play store as being not compatible with the Fire OS.  So either I’m stuck with the older, unsupported version of the Android app or look for a comparable app that’s supported on the Amazon Play Store.

--Patrick