Solved

Force signature update option gone

• 23 April 2016
  • 3 replies

I am running Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier v3.7.1.7656 on an Android tablet.  I recently ran into the problem of the Webroot icon in the status bar no longer appearing after an upgrade of the WSA app a little over a week ago.  Reading the posts here on that issue, I did uninstall and reinstall WSA with no problem and the icon has now returned.  Afterwards I noticed that the option to have myself force check for signature updates is no longer present.  Does this mean that WSA for Android is now using the cloud based solution to stay up-to-date instead of downloading signature files automatically or by doing it myself?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 23 April 2016, 04:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello tmsamtab,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Yes please have a look at the release notes here http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=10&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1039&

Version 3.7.0.7261 (Released March 7, 2016)
  • Improved performance: longer battery life, faster, lighter footprint.
  • Enhanced protection with definitions that are now fully cloud-based. Definition updates are no longer needed, as they are always up to date.
  • Various bug fixes.

Hope this helps?
Hello Sherry,
Thank you for your reply.  That link helps 100%...perfect!  I have used the force update option in times past/this year and just wanted to be sure I didn't uncover a potential missing feature that was previously present.    Cloud-based sounds much better.

Best,
Ted
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Ted!

You are most welcome. I used to use this feature alot myself when needed but it's great that it is done all in the Cloud now and we don't have to worry about a thing.;)