forgot password

• 20 April 2014
  • 5 replies

I have been playing phone tag and you email me a new password and it would not work Because I think you sent me password for webroot security for my PC not my phone I have over 105 days left until I am to renew my software at first your that was 3-4 years ago your customer service was great. Now I'm just sitting on hold for 30-40 minutes then I get disconnected this didn't happen to me just once it has happened 3 times I am sorry I don't have the time to sit around for an hour and get hung up on.
Thanks for your time
Thomas Finke III Ret. USN

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello frogman43055, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I am sorry that you have had a bad experience, I hope that it is resolved soon.  I need to tell you though that of the members here on the Community are volunteers.  The Webroot employees are off duty due to it being Easter weekend. 

That being said, perhaps I can be off assistance.  I would like to ask you simply where did you originally purchase Webroot from?  (Did you purchase directly from Webroot or did you purchase Webroot at a retail location such as Best Buy?)

Secondly, the email with the new key code, did it come directly from Webroot?

Thank you for your patience, 

David
Userlevel 7
OK, I am going to work off a few assumptions here.  I know that it is dangerous to assume, however since the Webroot Support phone number is not answered on Sundays or Holidays, I am guessing that is not the number that you were calling.  PLEASE NOTE: The Trouble Ticket system IS manned 24/7, it is only the incoming phone calls that are not.

I am thinking you probably were calling the Best Buy support number.  They do offer 24/7 telephone support, but I would guess that it is staffed at a lower level being a Holiday Sunday.  I KNOW that the key code for the Best Buy Subscriptions work PC/MAC/Android and iOS.  The same key code is used on all devices.  (The same is generally true of Webroot standard key codes as well.)

All of this make me think what you are seeing is possibly not a problem with the key code itself, but rather a common problem in getting the correct download correctly activated on the Android device.  Forgive me, there are quite a few things to check here, so I am just going to go over them all and hope that this helps resolve your issue.

What follows is admittedly a copy/paste template, but I do that to make replies quicker and easier.  If your problem ends up NOT being covered in this, please let me know so that I can review the issue and add it to this!

This can be caused by quite a few different things.  The first thing to check is to make sure your device is connected to the internet correctly.  (Sometimes the simple things work!)  Try to access a web page to make sure it is working!

Next, make sure you have the right version downloaded for your license of WSA.  Please refer to this KB Article for help.

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes.  

Hopefully SOMETHING in this overly long reply will help!  

Please let us know how you do, and you can also submit that Trouble Ticket for further help if needed as well.

David
I made all the phone calls the week before Easter I know people are off on Easter. I bought it from WEBROOT but if I would have had a technical support problems still waiting a hour on hold is not good Costumer Service you need to listen to us long-term relationships.
Userlevel 7
Again, your original post implies that you use Webroot on both PC and Android, would you mind telling me which version you use on the PC: Is it WSA-Antivirus, WSA-Internet Security or WSA-Complete?
Userlevel 7
Well, again I am very sorry you have had a difficult time reaching support by phone.  I am just a volunteer here, but I am trying to help you resolve the issue.

IF your PC is covered by WSA-Internet Security or WSA-Complete, please refer to the steps and information back in my first reply: both those versions would use the same key code for both PC and Android.

If your PC is covered by WSA-AV, then the Android would indeed be a different key.

As you are not able to be available during longer hold times, you might consider submitting a Trouble Ticket to contact support as well.

I wish you luck and hope you get things fixed soon.