Solved

Gear S Plugin

• 13 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm getting a warning from webroot that my Gear S Plugin is a Trojan.
The plugin is for the Samsung Galaxy S series smart watch and is downloaded automatically and directly from Samsung.
Could this be a false positive? Is anyone else have this issue? 
Thanks, Ken
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 13 June 2018, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
The plugin is for the Samsung Galaxy S series smart watch and is downloaded automatically and directly from Samsung.
Thanks, Ken
Would you mind submitting a ticket to our support team so that they can look into it further? If it is a false positive, they will adjust it, but they will need to understand all the relevant criteria prior to making that call. If you are willing to do so, the ticket can be made here.
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Thanks, Ken
Would you mind submitting a ticket to our support team so that they can look into it further? If it is a false positive, they will adjust it, but they will need to understand all the relevant criteria prior to making that call. If you are willing to do so, the ticket can be made here.
I did submit the ticket and the good folks over there at Webroot did confirm it is a false positive and will issue out an update soon.  Thank you for your help with this!

After some back and forth discussion here is their conclusion:

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you reported and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report and thorough troubleshooting!
Regards,
The Webroot Mobile Threat Research Team "
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Thanks, Ken
I did submit the ticket and the good folks over there at Webroot did confirm it is a false positive and will issue out an update soon.  Thank you for your help with this!

After some back and forth discussion here is their conclusion:

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you reported and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report and thorough troubleshooting!
Regards,
The Webroot Mobile Threat Research Team "
Ok great! Glad they got you taken care of, and thanks for taking the time to submit the ticket and everything.