Solved

Getting app to work on Kindle Fire HD

• 27 September 2012
  • 12 replies

I got the app from the app store for kindle fire on my new Kindle Fire HD.  It installed fine, but everytime I go to open it, it says it "stopped".  In the reviews for the app, it works fine for some people but others have my problem.
Anybody know what to do?
icon

Best answer by MikeR 5 December 2012, 17:15

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi teresapaulus,

First of all, welcome to the Webroot Community forums!

Just to confirm...you're using the new 7' Kindle Fire HD, right? Also, what version of the mobile app are you running? Is it free, Premier, or Complete?

The best way to go about this is to gather logs from your device using an app called Android System Info. I have sent you instructions in a Private Message on how to do this and what steps to take.

Let me know when you have sent the logs! I want to get to the bottom of this ASAP!

Thanks,
I don't know when I'll have the time to put that app on & get the logs...
It has to be the free version that's listed and I see no way to get the paid one on there.
This is just the app offered by Amazon in their apps for Kindle Fire HD list.
Can you get your hands on a Kindle Fire HD and see what happens when you try it?
In the reviews for the app it seems to work fine for some people and not for others.
If you have an easy/non time-consuming way to get it on there, I'd love to know.  I'm not techie-advanced :)
Teresa

Userlevel 7
Good news on this one! Development is aware of the problem, and they believe they will have it fixed in the 3.0 version. That version isn't available just yet, but keep an eye out for it in the Amazon marketplace in the near future. 🙂
Will the new version (that will work on the newest Kindle) allow us to take advantage of having the paid account on our pcs? Like a better than the free version option for those that already have a Webroot account?
Thanks,
Teresa

Userlevel 7
Complete just became available on the Kindle Fire, so the answer to your question is a two-month-belated, "Yes." 🙂
I've had the free version of Webroot on my Kindle Fire HD.  I see the paid version is available on it now for 9.99
Is this free for those of us with Webroot Secure Anywhere licenses?  If so, how can you get it on the new Kindle without paying the 9.99?
Thanks,
Teresa
Userlevel 7
It is free for customers with SecureAnywhere Complete licenses, you just have to download the Complete app and enter the keycode.
But from the Kindle Fire HD, it wants you to pay the 9.99 first before you can download it and get the opportunity to put in the license.  I have Webroot  Secure Anywhere on my PCs. 
Thanks,
Teresa
Userlevel 7
There are multiple Webroot apps available on Kindle Fire, just like other Android platforms. Instead of downloading Webroot Premier, which is what costs money, try downloading Webroot Complete which should show up as free. Sometimes in your initial search results, you will see only two results, and you would need to tap the number of results listed at the top-right side of the results page to see the Complete app.
I have the free Webroot app already on the Kindle fire HD.  I just thought the paid Mobile version came free with a Webroot license for PCs.  Does it, or am I mistaken on that? 
Teresa
Userlevel 7
You are correct tklp.

You have a SecureAnywhere Complete subscription so you can download the Complete app on your Kindle Fire and enter your Complete keycode. You will receive the same functionality as the paid version of the app.

I finally found it and got it.  Thanks for your patience.:D