Solved

Getting Premeri version

• 19 July 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi,

Got myself a smartphone with Android system. I wanna use WSA. How do I get the premier version? I have WSA AV 3 seat license. Can I allocate a seat for my smartphone? I mean I would use two on pcs and one on the phone.  If so where do I get the installer? No mobile version in my webroot console. Should I install the free version from Google Play and then use the keycode to activate the Premier version? And how's the RAM usage of WSA on Android. Is it light like on pc?

Best Wishes,
Amit
icon

Best answer by JimM 14 August 2013, 19:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
As indicated by the comparison (http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/compare), the Internet Security Plus and Complete editions come with the premier edition of the Android app.

If you have either of those version you can install the premier edition and input your current keycode to unlock it. If you are using the Antivirus edition, you can opt to upgrade to either of the two other editions or use the free edition (you can combine it in your current console if I'm correct by adding the keycode to your console instead of creating a new one).
Hi Amit,
From your Android smartphone, you can go to Google Play and download the free version of WSA.  Once you have that installed, go to the settings menu within the app and register with your key code.  At that point, once the app checks-in, you will be able to see it in your console.

The overall footprint and resource utilization is very small, similar to the pc version.  Enjoy!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Amit you can also download the Free Webroot SecureWeb Browser from Google Play. ;)

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@
Thank you. But what about the seat allocation? If I get WSA in phone does that leave me with 2 seats in pcs?

@

Thanks Daniel.:)

Best Wishes,
Amit
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@Amit wrote:
@
Thank you. But what about the seat allocation? If I get WSA in phone does that leave me with 2 seats in pcs?

@

Thanks Daniel.:)

Best Wishes,
Amit
Hi Amit it uses one seat as you said you have a 3 seat WSA AV, 2 on your PC's and now one for your Smart Phone so no seats left.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@

Okay got it.:)
Userlevel 7
Unfortunately, I think there was some miscommunication here.  Possibly we thought you were an Internet Security Plus or Complete customer.  You're actually an Antivirus version customer and are not elligible to use the Antivirus version to unlock Premier.  This comparison chart is correct as far as that goes.