Solved

Has anyone found a solution to the battery draining problem?

• 8 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Webroot Mobile is constantly draining my battery on my Galaxy S3 Tablet. It accounts for 48% of my battery usage while the tablet sleeps. I can put my tablet to sleep with the battery anywhere between 90 - 100% and by morning the tablet will be powered of with 0% battery. I’ve had tech support go thru everything and troubleshoot the tablet over & over again and it’s always the same conclusion, WRSA. It gets old. I shut down WRSA and my battery will not lose more than 2% battery while the computer sleeps. So I’m certain that webroot mobile is the problem. 

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 9 December 2019, 03:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

It might help to uninstall and reinstall the app from Play Store, just in case you somehow didn't get the latest version. Also, which version of Android are you running?

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I’m running Android 9.0, and I’m running Webroot 5.5.6.46428,  everything says it’s up to date and I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times already with no change in performance. I also just now opted into WR Beta version to see if that may help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @quick ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear of this issue. If uninstalling/reinstalling as @JAQ-PC kindly suggested did not help with the Battery drain..

Then please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

btw: I am experiencing the same thing off and on even when running the Webroot Beta.

HTH

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Will do. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

You’re most welcome quick!