how I can delete my free account webroot
icon

Best answer by JimM 3 February 2013, 00:21

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
In other services if you can delete accounts
OK wolf,  while I believe there are services out there which offer deleting of an account Jim have offered you to disable your Webroot account what in fact should make your account as deleted. So it's up to you ;)
In other services if you can delete accounts
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Being able to completely close accounts is definitely best practice for online systems. I know I wish all online systems had the ability.

However, it's my understanding that for most sites/systems it’s actually a technical limitation. I’m just repeating what I’ve heard, but the ways that a lot of account systems are setup make it sort of difficult to completely wipe accounts off a database because then you get missing references between data or something. 

I'm probably completely mangling the facts there, but trying to lend some context. :(
Userlevel 7
It doesn't hurt anything for it to exist, but I understand the concern. Did you want me to disable it for you?
should have the option to close the account :@   
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
what happens if I stop using my account webroot
Nothing at all.  You just aren't using it anymore.  🙂
what happens if I stop using my account webroot
Userlevel 7
I managed to use Google Translate to understand what was said, but generally if anyone would like support in their native language, I would suggest using the support system, which can facilitate that.

To reply to what was said (that you would like the account itself deleted), there is no way to delete an account entirely.  I could disable it for you if you would like.  Would you like me to do that for you?
thanks pero la aplicacion ya la elimine ahora quiero borrar mi cuenta my webroot 
Userlevel 7
If you're looking to uninstall the free app from your device, the information in this link should help.
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the forums wolf!

I do not think it possible to delete the MyWebroot account yourself.  If you are experiencing difficulties, there is likely a solution that can fix the problem.  There is always a chance someone on the forum here can help and I would suggest that you Submit a Trouble Ticket.