How can I set my phone so that I don't have to enter a password every time I try to use my phone?

• 18 January 2015
  • 1 reply

I just installed the Webroot mobile app a couple of days ago.  Since then, I have tried everything to avoid having to sign in every time I want to use my phone.  I have changed settings, both with Webroot and my phone, and have uninstalled the app and removed it from my Webroot account, but nothing seems to work.  I am now resetting my phone to facatory settings, hoping that will work.  I paid the $4.99 for the upgrade, so I really want to use it, but this having to type in my password 20 times a day is ridiculous.  Is it possible to use Webroot mobile without having to sign in every time?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Community Forum,

You don't need to do a Factory Reset. Have you done this already? Have you reinstalled Webroot yet?

I can direct you to go to Webroot on your device and open Identity & Privacy at the bottom of the menu/ open Lost Device Protection/ Open Password Protection/ to turn it off screen will pop open asking for your Webroot password to continue. Click OK. Webroot will display a yellow icon saying your protection is off and disabled and you may be at risk.

You can go into your phone settings and shut off the password. Or do not set one up. But Webroot will state your device is unprotected.

On my Android I use simple numbers to remember as 1234 as a example to unlock my phone. This is Webroots Security encase phone is lost or stolen. Too protect your private information. I only have to enter my password after 20 mins of not using my cell. My advice is you keep your device password protected.

In Webroots right hand corner menu is the help guide Encase you want to reference it.

If you have more questions then please ask.

Best Regards,