Solved

How can webroot trace out if lost/stolen the device?

• 28 November 2012
  • 6 replies

Hi Folks,

I am glad to say that using Webroot SecureAnyWhere mobile for my smart(Android S2)/iPhone 6.0 fine.

I have scanned my device without threats fine. All the available options make it as ON for Security like CALL&SMS/Lost&Stolen device.
but my doubt is how can Webroot trace out if device lost/stolen. can you please anyone help me out in this.

I am expecting the procedure for trace out smart phones for this Is any mandatary things we should maintain.

Thanks,
Satya
icon

Best answer by MikeR 28 November 2012, 16:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the forum Nov2012. :D

Please read this user guide on Using Lost Device Protection. The device has to be powered on and have an active data 3G/4G or WiFi connection for these features. Lost Device Protection is not available on iOS devices at this time.
Userlevel 7
To answer the "how does this work" part of the question...

It will first attempt to locate the device via GPS. If GPS isn't turned on, it tries via cell towers. If there is no signal, but the device is connected via wifi, it will attempt to geolocate via wifi. The precision of the geolocation is, of course, best with GPS.
these are the conditions for Lost Device Protection to work fine. If either of these conditions are not met, the phone cannot be located.

1) make sure that the Lost device Protection on the app is not turned OFF(by default, its ON)
2) phone should be ON
3) there should either be a  WIFI connection or 3G/4G connection on the phone
thank u guys now I got the exact solution for this .... and when can I expect Lost Device Protection is on iOS devices.

Thanks,
Satya
Hi Frds,

How can I use those commands need detailed information.

As per my undrestanding should I use another device to type the messages(Lock,Wipe,Locate,Scream and Send SMS) and send it to which device having Webroot am I write if no?

Could you please tell me the exact solution for this.

Thanks,
Satya
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Frds,

How can I use those commands need detailed information.

As per my undrestanding should I use another device to type the messages(Lock,Wipe,Locate,Scream and Send SMS) and send it to which device having Webroot am I write if no?

Could you please tell me the exact solution for this.

Thanks,
Satya
Yes, just send the desired command from a GSM phone to your phone and you're done.