Solved

How do I change or remove the finger-swipe code I have to enter to open my phone screen?

• 21 August 2015
  • 5 replies

How do I change or remove the finger-swipe code (9-point map) I have to enter to open my phone screen each time? When I installed SecureAnywhere on my Moto X, it gave me the option of setting up a swipe pattern on a 9-point map, which I did. Now I want to change the pattern or just skip it altogether, but I can't find that option in settings.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 21 August 2015, 00:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Have you tried going into your MotoX Personal Setting/Secuirty Settings and change your swipe to something else. Such as a Password code that is simple to access.

Please look here at the Android Online User Guide

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

To shut off password Protection Open up Webroot and at the bottom screen go to Identity & Privacy/Lost Device Protection/ Password Protection and shut if off ..But Webroot will ask for your password to do so.

edit: Webroot will then give you a warning with exclamation mark telling you you are at risk. So it's wise to just put in a password and set the timing of how long you want your phone to stay on.

Regards,
Sherry, thanks very much. That was just what I needed to know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

You are certainly welcome. I'm very happy that I could answer your question! That's why we are here is to help others! :smileywink

Thanks for letting us know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Are you asking this question?

To shut off password Protection Open up Webroot and at the bottom screen go to Identity & Privacy/Lost Device Protection/ Password Protection and shut if off ..But Webroot will ask for your password to do so.

Webroot will then give you a warning with exclamation mark telling you you are at risk. So it's wise to just put in a password and set the timing of how long you want your phone to stay on.

If this isn't what you were wanting then please get back to us.

Kind Regards,