Solved

How to get rid of security/pass code after uninstalling. (ANDROID)

• 19 January 2013
  • 10 replies

Hi, 
I recently insalled Webroot Security & Antivirus for my Android phone. I like the app alot but I sadly had to uninstall the program due to lack of space in my phone.

I logged into webroot as well and removed the device from where I'd registered it. 

My problem is whenever I turn on my phone the screen lock thing still comes up (where it wants my security/pass number).

I do not know how to get rid of the screen. I can get into my phone and everything but I just don't want the security screen to keep coming up every time even though  I've uninstalled the app. I can't find any thing about this through my searches or in the options in my phone. 

Please help.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 20 January 2013, 20:37

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello cgarrod and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket and support can help you get this corrected or you can wait till https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1016is online tomorrow around 1:00pm EST and he can help you.

HTH,

TH
Thank you, I will submit a support ticket.
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Forums cgarrod! If support is able to help resolve the issue, would you mind posting the 'fix'? I would be very interested in hearing how it turns out.
Userlevel 7
Hello cgarrod, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi, 
I recently insalled Webroot Security & Antivirus for my Android phone. I like the app alot but I sadly had to uninstall the program due to lack of space in my phone.

I logged into webroot as well and removed the device from where I'd registered it. 

My problem is whenever I turn on my phone the screen lock thing still comes up (where it wants my security/pass number).

I do not know how to get rid of the screen. I can get into my phone and everything but I just don't want the security screen to keep coming up every time even though  I've uninstalled the app. I can't find any thing about this through my searches or in the options in my phone. 

Please help.
Can you kindly try to install WSA back and again uninstall then. It looks like that WSA wasn't correctly uninstalled. Please revert with result.
Userlevel 7
Please try pegas's instructions and also Send me a Private Message with the email you used to open the support ticket. :D

It sounds like SecureAnywhere was not uninstalled properly. Also, SecureAnywhere prompts you to create a pattern unlock code if you previously did not have one. You may just need to change these settings on your device itself now that SecureAnywhere is uninstalled.

For instance, if I was to uninstall SecureAnywhere from my Android, I would need to navigate to Settings>Location & Security>Change screen lock to undo the pattern lock that SecureAnywhere prompted me to activate.
Thank you for your answers! :D

I will re-install and uninstall again & send you a pm.
Userlevel 7
cgarrod, 

I would be very interested in knowing if this works ;)  
Yes! It's fixed!

@pegas- Thanks for your suggestion! However, this gave me the same result as before, still got the lock screen even after installing and uninstalling.

As suggested by Mike R,  I had to change the screen lock settings (Settings>Location & Security>Change screen lock)!
I didn't even know those settings were there.

No problems anymore! :-D

Thanks again to Mike R !

Userlevel 7
No problem. ;)

Thanks pegas for your guidance as well!