How to remove screen lock password from Android phone

I have had Secure Anywhere on my HTC One phone for a while without needing to enter a password. Now the phone requires a password to unlock the screen which I am able to do. However, I would like to return to password free access to the phone. Is there a way I can change the settings to do this?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

You can go into Apps/Settings/Lock Screen/Select screen pin/ then Enter current Pin/  And then Select none from the next box and that should disable the screen lock. It might be different Settings for your phone.

Then open up WSA and there is a warning to Fix This Now/click it and then click lower box... Ignore(Don't ask again)

Please let us know if you need more help! Or if this isn't what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Thanks, Sherri!

I remember doing this when I first set up Secure Anywhere on my HTC One phone, so that an unlock password was not needed. However, when I go through these steps now, I do not see the "None" option after Security/Screen lock/Confirm password screens.

I'm wondering if I need to completely unintall the app from my phone.

Steven
@ wrote:
Hello @,

You can go into Apps/Settings/Lock Screen/Select screen pin/ then Enter current Pin/  And then Select none from the next box and that should disable the screen lock. It might be different Settings for your phone.

Then open up WSA and there is a warning to Fix This Now/click it and then click lower box... Ignore(Don't ask again)

Please let us know if you need more help! Or if this isn't what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

The "No lock screen" option is "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."
@ wrote:
Thanks, Sherri!

I remember doing this when I first set up Secure Anywhere on my HTC One phone, so that an unlock password was not needed. However, when I go through these steps now, I do not see the "None" option after Security/Screen lock/Confirm password screens.

I'm wondering if I need to completely unintall the app from my phone.

Steven
@ wrote:
Hello @,

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

No do you do not have to uninstall Webroot. If you go to your HTC setting and look for the Lock screen and you will have to enter the password for your device.And disable pin or passworrd.

Settings for your HTC device below..

1. Go to Settings, and then tap Security.
  2. Tap Screen lock.
  3. Select a screen lock option and set up the screen lock.
  4. Tap Lock phone after, then specify the idle time before the screen is locked. Tip: You can also clear Make pattern visible or Make passwords visible if you don’t want your screen lock to display as you enter it onscreen.
Disable your password in your HTC device and Webroot will turn brown saying Fix this Now. Click Fix this now and tap Ignore (Don't ask Again)

Does this help?
Hello Sherri. Thanks for sticking with me on this.

The problem seems to be that both the "Lock screen" and "No lock screen" options on the Screen Lock page in Settings are greyed out with the same words underneath "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage." Unless we can figure out how to change that, I will not be able to follow the rest of your directions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

No problem I can stick with you until we resolve this issue.

I am not sure because I am able to disable Adminsistrator on my Android without an a problem. I done some research and did you want to try this?

• Go to Settings
  • Under Personal select Security
  • Scroll down to Credential Storage
  • Select "Clear credentials (Remove all certificates)"
That should give you the Lock screen and unlock screen.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Yes! I think this did the trick. Thank you so much 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi SDBotkin,

Great news and thanks for letting us know. That's why we are here on the Forum is to help others.:D

Do let us know if you have anymore issues!

Badge +1
I have had Secure Anywhere on my HTC One phone for a while without needing to enter a password. Now the phone requires a password to unlock the screen which I am able to do. However, I would like to return to password free access to the phone. Is there a way I can change the settings to do this?

Boot to safe mode is useful for removing passwords on Android phones, especially screen locks caused by third-party applications.
Badge +1
As for me, you can remove passcode from Android just like that I use a third-party passcode removal, Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker, to unlock my iPhone screen lock without passcode.