I'm locked out of my android mobile phone.

• 30 April 2016
  • 7 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 3 replies
I have entered the password and it still won't unlock. It reads, I have 8 more tries before all my data is erased. How can I get back into my phone??????? Thank You for Your help and support.
ZX

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello zx,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

In your situation, unfortunately this is the lock screen behaving as designed.  This issue is explained in depth in this article

But please read this Android User Guide to try to unlock your device from the Online Account Console.

If this does not help then my advice would be to do a soft reset on the device or get your cell phone provider to assist.

Also you could Contact Webroot Support and they might be able to asist you. http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Hope this helps somewhat?
Hello and thank you for your quick response.
I'm still not able to unlock my phone. I was able to log in via the internet from my PC with no problems. What happened. Its not the red stop sign. I see the lock symbol and that I have only 6 more times befor my data is wiped out! I'm expecting a call for a very important job and I can't call them back 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
So sorry for this. Can you do a reset on your device? 
Isn't there a way for webroot to retrieve my password? I am able to log in on the home page but not my phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI zx.

Have you followed the instructions in the guide to unlock you phone by using a pin instead of a password?

http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/1297/Using-Lost-Device-Protection
I've contacted Samsung and my mobile provider. They both informed me that I may have to reset my phone! and will lose all my data. I entered both my password and pin number neither one works and only have 3 tries to unlock my phone. I've never had to enter any type of password or pin in the 3 years I've had my phone since I installed this webroot system and I've never been locked out of my phone either! WOW
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi zx ,

We apologize for any inconviences that this has caused. I really feel bad for you in this situation. Usually the Play store and if you have Gmail on your device you might have a backup? 

I am so sorry you have to reset your phone... 😞