Solved

I'm trying to download Webroot for my kindle but the keycoads I have do not work. Any ideas?

• 21 September 2016
  • 7 replies

New to this, I apologize, but does anyone have any idea?
icon

Best answer by SophiaC 22 December 2016, 01:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Guitarzman, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

Please look at this thread:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/can-I-install-on-my-kindle/m-p/264200#M9906

Hi Guitarzman,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Edit: I see my friend ProTruckDriver has aleady answered. If you're still having trouble please get back to us. Thanks.

Are you sure you're entering the keycodes correctly? Are you sure have time remaining on any subscriptons?
Are the keycodes new or have you been able to use them in the past? If this is a new keycode can I ask where you purchased it from? Are you using the Webroot app downloaded here?

What notification do you receive after you enter the keycode?

Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to narrow down any possible causes. But honestly, most times it comes down to entering the code incorrectly.

Let us know and we will be glad to help you get it running on your Kindle.

Thanks,
BD

Heres the whole story. I downloaded Webroot Free from Amazon for my Kindle. About 6 months(+-) it started acting up so I uninstalled it and planned to reinstall.
However, it will not work. I've been on Amazon's app store and when I search for webroot it only gives me 2 options the "Complete" or the "Premier". Thee custom wants a key code which I have thru Geek Squad but it won't work. Neither will the previous Kindle key code.
So I'm lost. Any ideas?
Hi Guitarzman,

Can you download the free Webroot Mobile security version from this link below?

https://www.amazon.com/Webroot-Security-Free/dp/B004U85D2S

Then follow the instructions to activate available HERE.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. :)

Thanks,
BD

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Amazon is currently preventing some Kindle users from installing the Free app.  Since you are only able to see Premier and Complete, it sounds like your device is one of the ones with the issue.  We are working on a fix and it will be available after the next release.  
Thank you Sophia for posting this information and alerting us to this issue. We look forward to the upcoming resolution. :)

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
We just released an update that fixes this problem.