Solved

invalid code, purchased at Best Buy

• 15 February 2013
  • 4 replies

I purchase a web root Android program at Best Buy. I entered the code on the app and received an error that stated that the code was invalid. This software is new and was wrapped in the original plastic. Can someone please connect me to someone who can issue me a cold that works.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 20 February 2013, 02:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
First, are you sure you are typing in the number correctly?  After that, it will depend on what version you purchased as Best Buy sells both the standard versions of WSA in which you receive support from Webroot, but they also sell a Subscription Software version that you need to receive support from Best Buy.

The box should identify which one it is, but if it is a Best Buy Subscription Software copy your receipt will have two separate "SKU's" for the Webroot software, and lower down on the receipt will be a Serial Number that begins with WBR00.
I am 100 percent certain that I am entering the correct number. I copied and pasted the code from the email that I received from Webroot to activate the application on my tablet.

My receipt has the code that starts with WBR00.

what should I do?
Userlevel 7
If you have that WBR00xxxxxxxxxx serial number on your receipt, that is the Best Buy Subscription version.  You need to install it on your computer first, and activate it.  After you have that done, you need to activate your Webroot Account 

Then you can install the Android version from Google Play onto your Android device.
Userlevel 7
Your MyWebroot Account is still attached to the mobile "free" app. Please Send me a Private Message with the new keycode and I will properly associate it to your online account. You will then log into the "free" version of the app and the keycode will activate the appropriate features/functionality of your "paid" subscription.