Issues Uninstalling SecureAnywhere Mobile

• 21 July 2014
  • 4 replies
Issues Uninstalling SecureAnywhere Mobile
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
This solution addresses Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile for Android http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/android_icon.png

If you are experiencing problems uninstalling SecureAnywhere, you may need to change your Device Administrator settings.  To do so:

1. Tap the Android Menu button on your device, then tap Settings.  
  2. Tap Security, then tap Select Device Administrators.  
  3. Next to Webroot SecureAnywhere, uncheck the box.  
  4. Tap Deactivate.  If prompted, tap OK.  
  5. Open Google Play, navigate to the SecureAnywhere app and tap Uninstall, as you would with an app not using Device Administrator. SecureAnywhere uninstalls itself.
Note: If you experience problems with these steps, contact a forum moderator at community.webroot.com.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
<p>Nice one, Nic...thanks for that. &nbsp;Looks like a particularly use article...and so simple.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Regards, Baldrick</p>
Userlevel 1
<p>This is helpful Nic. </p><p> </p><p>So how this is different from Uninstalling via Webroot app Menu option &quot;Uninstall&quot;?</p><p>I find that easier than to go over multiple steps from you post. It seems like selecting Uninstall takes care of disabling device admin and proceeds uninstall.</p><p> </p><p>Disabling device admin with password protection turned off could add extra steps. I would prefer to uninstall from the menu option.</p>
Userlevel 6
<p>Thanks nic!&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>I also find the online user guides very helpful as well! Much better to have it here!</p>
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
<p>Yes Thanks Nic, I must of missed this one!</p>