Solved

Kercode error: invalid keycode

I installed the app in my lgp970h and a window with he words error pop-up and it says the keycode is invalid, but I registerd that code. I need to get this fixed.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 30 March 2014, 20:47

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Omarzito and welcome to the Webroot Community!  

Since Android install issues are both common and can have many causes, the following is a copy/paste reply.  I hope something in it helps!!

This can be caused by quite a few different things.  The first thing to check is to make sure your device is connected to the internet correctly.  (Sometimes the simple things work!)  Try to access a web page to make sure it is working!

Next, make sure you have the right version downloaded for your license of WSA.  Please refer to this KB Article for help.

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes.  

Hopefully SOMETHING in this overly long reply will help!  

Please let us know how you do, and you can also submit that Trouble Ticket for further help if needed as well.

Hello,

I had an older version of web root on my computer.  I went to the computer control panel and deleted the old web root program, which was telling me I had virus/malware on my computer, but would not allow me to login and purchase a new key code.  After deleting the old web root software (per your instructions on the web site), I attempted to down load the updated/new software using a NEW key code.  After all this I still cannot down load the new software updates b/c my coomputer finds the old web program software (and lists it as expired) and loaded on my computer, and it won't allow me to update the key code under the 'my account' information.  Any suggestions would be most helpful.  I called your help line, estimated wait time is 25 minutes.  
Userlevel 7
Hello ezenk and welcome to the Webroot Community!

You said you cannot enter the new key code from the Account tab.....what error does it give you?

Where did you get the new Key Code?  Is it a Best Buy Subscription Software key code?
The error is 'Your account subscription is expired'.  The screen box is in 'red'.  When I click on the account tab within the red box, it takes me to the screen that requires me to create an account after putting in the new key code.  When I enter the key new code and the data to open a new anywhere web root account, it asks me if I'm the account adminstrator.  Of course I state yes b/c that's how I opened and paid for the account key code, it takes me to the screen where it lists my new key code, status of that new key code is 'not activated' and when I try to add my computer to down load the new software update, it returns me to the original web root program that lists the old (expired) key code.  I purchased this NEW key code from web root on-line not Best Buy.  I believe there is still some old web root software file stuck on the hard drive that I could not delete off the hard drive when I went into the control panel, clicked on ad/remove programs and selected the webroot Antivirus Software and 'unistalled' what I thought were all the files.  After the uninstall, I re-booted my computer to ensure all changes supposedly took affect BEFORE I went to the Web Root site and paid for the new key code+software.  
Userlevel 7
I would try to uninstall one more time, reboot the computer, and then re-install from a freshdownoad.  The download link is below, obvious do not use the Best Buy link.

Let us know if that works.....
Userlevel 7
If you have the option during install to use previous settings, needless to say do not allow previous settings to be used.
Note:  I took these actions b/c the screen would not allow me to simply change the old key code to the new key code I purchased per the instructions ohters had left as feedback on the site e.g. if you have problems updating your new key code into older versions of web root software on your computer take the following actions:  

Go to the control panel, click on ad/remove programs, selected the webroot Antivirus Software program, select 'unistall or delete program', after the uninstallation/deletion of the program, reboot your computer, go to the Web Root site and purchase the new key code, once you purchase the key code, a link will be provided in the e-mail, choose that link, download the software and put in the new key code to activate the new program.    
Userlevel 7
I realize why you took those actions, but if your first key code was a Best Buy key code, and your new key code isn't, the new key code will not work.  The key codes between the standard download and the Best Buy key code are not interchangeable.
Neither key code was purchased from Best Buy.  Both were purchased directly from web root.  Each time an e-mail was sent to my home e-mail account notifying me the purchase was approved and a link to down load the new software was provided.  I will go back through the deletion portion of this discussion in an attempt to remove all web root software from the control panel, programs, but I am not proficient enough attempting to delete corrupted or leftover files on the hard drive that are not listed in the control panel.  If you could give me an idea of what to look and how to do it e.g. go to start, search, type in C:sysfile or whatever the code might be maybe that would help as well?  
Userlevel 7
You might try, while it is uninstalled, to delete both the c:/Program Files/Webroot folder and the C:/Program Data/Webroot folders.

See if that will help.
When I have time I may go to YoutTube and search to see if there are folks who have had this problem.  Sometimes folks posts videos on how to do this.  Thanks for all your help.  Hopefully your suggestion will work.  Now I have to get my kids of that computer.  Who knows how long that'll take.
Userlevel 7
If deleting those files does not work, let us know and we can go from there if you need.