Location services

• 22 October 2015
  • 2 replies

On an Android, Droid Turbo, can just the location services be shut off for the webroot app instead of shutting ALL location services off for every app? I just want to use this all for website monitoring, not finding my phone if its lost.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

Android permissions for apps tend to be all or nothing: you have to accept all of the permissions that app uses or reject use of the app entirely.  I do not believe the location services can be turned off in WSA-Mobile but do not let that bother you.  The only time that the app would be USING location is if you DO click the Find My Phone function.  That would trigger the Webroot Servers to send a message to the device requesting the device send location info.  The device will not continuously transmit location data to Webroot by itself.

I hope this helps,
Userlevel 7
Hi Gaieta

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I can only suppose that the reason for your post is that you have the same or a similar problem...but just to make sure would you be able to provide us with a little more detail in relation to the reason for your post? Then we can try to assist you.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick