Solved

Locked Android screen requires forgotten four digit code

• 31 January 2013
  • 2 replies

Unexpectedly and out of the blue late at night my Galaxy S-II Webroot Mobile Secure Anywhere app asked if I wanted to go ahead and designate my four digit code thus locking my "mobile smartphone screen" until I entered said code.

I did that and next morning promtply forgot said code.
Is there ANY work around to get RID of this Webroot feature. . or RESET or ?? FIX this please?
Thank you
Andy in Maine
icon

Best answer by JimM 31 January 2013, 21:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Forums PapaAndy!

If the phone is currently locked, I do not know of a workaround a lost passcode.  I would, however, reccomend that you Submit a Trouble Ticket for a more definitive answer.
Userlevel 7
A four-digit code is a feature of the Android OS itself. Webroot can tap into this feature to allow you to use it on Webroot unlock screens in lieu of entering your Webroot password, but Webroot has no ability to reset the 4-digit pin itself, or a swipe screen unlock gesture for that matter. That's an unfortunate situation, but sadly it's not something we can do anything about. 😞 One reason we started letting users use these codes/swipes was actually to cut down on the amount of reset requests from users forgetting their Webroot password. Probably users will forget their personal pins and swipe screen gestures much less often. Unfortunately, even those are forgotten by users sometimes. You could ask your carrier or device manufacturer for additional assistance, but it's unlikely you'll get into the device without either remembering the code or doing a device reset. I'm sorry about the situation, and I wish there was more we could do.