Solved

Logging in Android first time

I just purchased Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete 5 Seat 1 Year Subscription and I setup the PC.  I can login to the website from my PC.  I downloaded https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.security.complete per the instructions.  First screen to login fails every time.  If I login from the web browser of my phone I get to my account but not through the app.  Please help.
icon

Best answer by Vertigo 13 March 2013, 14:18

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 5
After you log in to the website (My Webroot), create a new device there. It will give you a passcode (that's different from your actual password) that you can use to connect your machine to your keycode.

Let us know if that worked for you?
I logged into to My Account and clicked Mobile Security where my devices are listed. I had to remove my device because it shows the free app. The free app was uninstalled and I clicked Add Device, instruction to download the software from Google Play appears. No further will it allow me to go with that. Launched the app and I am at the same login screen as before and still will not allow me to login.
The free version allows me to log in, the paid version does not.
I had to go to my name at the top right and click manage key codes and add my new license key. After that it worked.
Userlevel 7
That's great the logging issue is resolved by yourself and many thanks for keeping us informed about what it cured. This information can be of help to other users if they experience the same troubles.
Userlevel 5
Ah. I wasn't aware that you had been using the free version.

Great that you got it working yourself and as pegas indicated to post what you did here.
Userlevel 3
I had to uninstall webroot complete mobile from my Android and re-install from Google play. I was having the same issues with the login and found this thread and gave it a try. I added the keycode to my web console and the login error went away! This might be something you guys want to look at for people that are renewing. It is really kind of a pain to get the mobile stuff reset with new keycodes so that coverage is continuous. (unless I just missed something; and you would like to correct me on the procedures)
Userlevel 7
Renewals should be on the same keycode from the prior year where everything was properly setup. In some cases it is cheaper to purchase a new keycode which requires associating it with your my.webrootanywhere.com account.
Userlevel 3
When I renewed, I automatically got a new keycode. Don't ask me why, but I did. I basically had to redo everything just to get back "level" again.
Userlevel 7
You can use the link below to renew in the future. It will renew your current keycode and none of your Backup & Sync or Password Management features will be lost.

Renew Your Webroot Subscription
Userlevel 3
Thanks Mike. I am curious however as to why my mobile webroot did not renew when I renewed the one for my laptop since they are connected?
Userlevel 7
Looking on the back-end now - perhaps you had a mobile free keycode on the mobile device instead of the Complete keycode?
Userlevel 3
I don't think so, but then again, anything is possible. I guess we'll find out when it comes time to renew again. 😃
Userlevel 7
I took a look and I did not see a mobile free keycode - you do have the old Complete keycode with limited days remaining and your device may have been setup under that subscription. If you change the device to the new keycode and use the link for renewal next year, it should be an easier transition. I apologize that it was not easier to renew the original Complete keycode.
Userlevel 3
It's okay! I got it all to work out in the end. I knew if I came here and looked around enough, I'd find a work around sooner or later, and I did. If I hadn't I would have contacted you guys and I have no doubt that a solution would have been forthcoming! 

Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Thanks for being patient and I'm glad that you found a work-around. You can use the renewal link referenced earlier or purchase through one of our deals that we have throughout the year. If you do purchase a new keycode you can send a moderator a private message to associate the keycode with the existing account.

😃