Solved

login error

• 16 December 2012
  • 17 replies

We bought the Secure Anywhere so it could be installed on 3 different machines. Using the. CD the first install went ok on a Win7 Laptop.The second install was for a ASUS TF300T Tablet. First the link for an Internet download was not right.Instead of presenting a downloafd link I was given a choice to buy or download a cheaper version.I called Bestbuy where it was purchased and told them the link didnt work. This woman had me try all kinds of links before we fuinally got to a account setup. The connection was lost or she hung up but Initial login was interupted. I tried to sign in multiple times, tried to open a new account. I need to gett with someone thhat can reset the account.The software is installed now.Itjust needs to be Authorised.
Thank you for your help in advance.
Bob
icon

Best answer by MikeR 18 December 2012, 01:19

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello rlhun2 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Since it's the weekend please wait till https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1016replies as he will be online tomorrow around 1:00PM EST to help you. Or have a look at this article to see if it helps you: http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for/Mobile-quot-Login-Failed-The-email-or-password-you-entered-is/ta-p/5812

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello Bob, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi rlhun2 and welcome to the Community.

Please Send me a Private Message with your keycode and any email addresses that are associated with your account. I will investigate further once you have sent the additional information.

Useful Tools:
SecureAnywhere Best Buy Installer
I'm having the same issue with Android 4.2 - On the second user account

I'll PM you

Rgrds

Rob
Userlevel 7
Hi mrsqueezy,

Please update me on this thread when you have tried logging in and if you received my private message.

Please read this Knowledge Base Article - Login Failed as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
rlhun2 I have replied to your PM's.

TH
Part of the problem for me is that I find it difficult tonavigate this forum. I got a notification of your post in Gmail. So I followed the link and see tbhat you have said you answed my PM s.I cant see where to acces the PM from the current page.
The PM I Sent to MikeR - FYI

Thanks for the quick response

I log in using my email, password, and secure anywhere complete keycode - in to the Webroot Secure Anywhere Mobile Complete App

It claims that -

"Log in failed. The email or password you entered is incorrect."

Ive completed all the * relevant* steps in the weblink you submitted on the forum

rgrds

Rob

Other information -
- The "owners account" on the android 4.2 tablet works fine - I was capable of logging on to Webroot complete using the exact same information.

- The secondary account has never really worked correctly > it did however complete the logging in process - See http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Mobile-for-Android/Android-4-2-Multiple-Users/td-p/15646

- I reinstalled WR complete on the secondary account and got stuck at the log in page
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Part of the problem for me is that I find it difficult tonavigate this forum. I got a notification of your post in Gmail. So I followed the link and see tbhat you have said you answed my PM s.I cant see where to acces the PM from the current page.
Hi Bob have a look at the picture to access your PM's.

TH

Userlevel 7
I think the problem that we are running into is that the second user you are referring to has not been properly created and is not showing up on the back end. The ony user that I see is the@googlemail address and it has all of the necessary permissions enabled to work on your mobile device.

You can use the owners' credentials on your mobile devices if you wish (5 computers and 5 mobile devices are allowed), or you can start over and create a new user from the primary MyWebroot account. You will just need to use a separate email address and make sure that mobile permissions are enabled.

Changing User Permissions
  1. Login to your My Webroot Account
  2. Click the drop-down arrow on your email address and go to Manage Users
  3. Click Edit user Details/Permissions at the right of each user
  4. Click the Access & Permissions tab
  5. Change SecureAnywhere Console, PC Security Console to Admin
  6. Change Mobile Security Console to Access
  7. Make sure that Passwords and Backups are both checked
  8. Click Save Access & Permissions
Creating a second account and logging in with that allowed me to log in. Thanks mike.
Now I'm logged in on the secondary it claims that the device administrator is not active - it is enabled and I have clicked fix this error 3 times - entered my password and nothing has changed. The device appears protected so I've clicked ignore this error.

Thanks for the help

Rob
Userlevel 7
I am glad that worked for you! ;)

To toggle device administrator simply go to your Settings>tap Security or Location & Security>tap Device Administrators>check SecureAnywhere to enable it.

rlhun2 was using a different email address as the username. I have advised rlhun2 of the correct email address to use.
Tried that - the whole system thinks its active apart from webroot... That's why I clicked ignore. Rob
still the same problem using the charter email
Userlevel 7
The Charter email address is activated with a current password, security code, and security question/answer. However, the Gmail address looks like you have to click on the confirmation URL in your email and enter your security code to finalize the account.

You can use either of these accounts to log in (once you have clicked the confirmation URL and successfully entered your security code you can use the Gmail username). If you do not remember the password for the Charter email address and you wish to use it, please Reset Your Password.
Ok , Yeaaaa  successI:D What a relief
Thank you for hanging in there with me Mike and Daniel. 
cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Ok , Yeaaaa  successI:D What a relief
Thank you for hanging in there with me Mike and Daniel. 
cheers
Great to hear you got it sorted! :D

Daniel