Solved

Menu access issue with Android Nougat 7.1 and Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier

• 19 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have submitted a Ticket for this, but I wanted the community to know, in case anyone had a similar issue.
I will post the results of the ticket here when I receive them.

October 18, 2017

I believe I have found a compatibility issue regarding accessing the Menu and the Options therein: (General Settings, Change Password, Register, About, and Uninstall) using Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier with Android Nougat 7.1 with my new ZTE Blade Z Max - Z982 (Metro PCS).

Whereas my older phone, a Huawei Vitria Y301A2, which uses Jelly Bean 4.1.2, has at the bottom right of the phone, the three lines, which is used to open the Menu on an active screen.

But the ZTE Blade Z Max Z982, which uses Nougat 7.1, in it's lower right "dot", does not open the Menu on the active screen.

Please Note, the Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier does *not* have the three dots within it's display, as does the "Mobile Complete."
icon

Best answer by SophiaC 19 October 2017, 22:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Here is the response that I have gotten so far to my ticket:

Webroot Support (Oct 19, 2017 10:05)

RE:Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier Menu access issue with Android Nougat 7.1

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support.

Thank you for bringing the issue you are experiencing to our attention. We have recently received reports about the menu button being missing on a small number of phone models. The The Webroot Development team has been notified of this issue and is currently working on a resolution. We expect to address this issue in an upcoming software version release.

There is one possible workaround which may work on your device:

1. Try to open the quick settings panel (double swiping down from the notification bar)
2. Turn on Mi-POP
3. Swipe to the left or right on the button that appears
4. One option presented should be the menu button
5. Using the menu button, try to open the "3 Dot Menu" in the Webroot mobile App.

Thank you,
The Webroot Support Team

-------------------------------------------------------

My quick settings panel doesn't seem to have a "Mi-POP" icon...
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi rover,

I'm sorry to hear that the suggested solution from Support isn't an option for you.

Some Android devices have a hardware or custom menu button, others don't.  The app is supposed to show the software menu button (three dots) on all devices that don't have a hardware or custom menu.  The idea is to respect the device customization that the person using that device is used to.  The problem we're finding more and more recently is that devices report to our app that they have this option, when either they do not or the custom menu is hard for people to find.  Also, this flexibility is less relevent since devices no longer are shipped with a hardware menu button.

In the next release, we are planning to change this to always show the menu button, regardless of the device.  That should resolve this issue. 

To ensure you are able to get this update, can you confirm what version of Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier you have, version 3.x or 4.x?  The easiest way to tell is by looking at the color of the app's icon.  The icon for 3.x is light green with a shield and 4.x is emerald green with a lock.

Userlevel 1
I have the emerald green Icon with a lock.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Great!  There's nothing more you need to do in order to receive the update when it's available from Google Play.