Mobile Phone / App not showing in MyWebrootAnywhere console

Userlevel 4
Badge +16
The title states my problem pretty well. My console has active keys assigned to it and the mobile app is using one of the current active keys. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @dbrisendine ,

You might want to check if you have Lost Device Protection enabled. Also are you running this Webroot Mobile Security version? 5.5.5.38787

If you have chosen not to enable the Lost Device Protection (LDP) feature, your device will not be displayed on your console. This is expected behavior at this time.

• To Enable Lost Device ProtectionIf you have already installed the app, click here for instructions on how to enable the LDP feature.
  • Select "Fix This Now" to enable LDP
Once the Lost Device Protection feature is enabled, you should be able to view your device on your console. If you still experience any issues, please contact Support.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Thanks for the reply. Version is 5.5.5.38787 . I did have / do have Lost Device Protection / Device Protection = ON but I did not have the SIM card lock ON; it is now. Still does not show in the Console.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI @dbrisendine ,

Sorry to hear that your device is not showing up on the Account Console. You could try restarting your device and doing a manual scan and give the Webroot Cloud time to register your Mobile device. Or uninstall/reinstall Webroot as a last resort before Submitting a Support Ticket and they will certainly check this out for you free of charge and they will get this working for you.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Well, the uninstall / re-install is an option on the table right now. Support wants me to wait 24 hours for the software to show up (did not tell me which 24 hours as it has been over a week since I last scanned). I tried this (uninstalling / re-installing) earlier but could not find the cache for Mobile Security that you mentioned in another post. I am using Android version 9 with the latest security patches. If you could direct me to the correct location to empty the cache, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @dbrisendine ,

Sorry for the delay.. Please follow below:

Clear the Cache on an Android:

1. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications.
  2. Tap See all (x) apps.
  3. Now, tap the app you want to clear the cache of.
  4. Tap on Clear Cache.
Once you clear the cache then it is advisable to restart your device. Then you can uninstall/reinstall Webroot Mobile Secure. Make sure you have your keycode available okay?

Yes, it can take 24 hours to see your Mobile in the Account Console. But I have found it to show up sooner.

Good Luck and holler if you need more help. 😊
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Actually on my version of the Android OS, you have to select the app, tap on Storage and then Clear Cache. Only issue I've found is that SecureAnywhere rebuilds the cache as soon as it is cleared.

Anyway, I have uninstalled (three times to be exact) and still have the issue (just checked).

PS - Who marks posts as solutions? I thought only the person with issue could do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
If you're still having difficulty, I'd try reaching out to support as Sherry mentioned.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey @dbrisendine ,

Sorry that you're still experiencing this issue!

I marked the post as the solution as it's been 4 days since a solution was provided and thought that it fixed the issue since we haven't heard back. If this isn't the case, I apologize. The Webroot Team and I are trying to tidy up some of our older threads and mark posts with great answers as 'Best Solutions'.

I'll fix this thread in a moment.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Not a problem about marking the solution; I have been away from the forum and did not know how that works. Thanks.

I am in touch with support but my work hours and your support hours may not mesh well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey @dbrisendine , I'm checking back in on this. Were you able to talk with Support and figure out the issue?