Mobile secure anywhere app

Userlevel 2
Why when the program installed on my android phone runs a scan does it (I assume at the end) display a message that webroot has stopped responding, force close?  I imagine this is a problem and I need to do something to alleviate it. What?

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

This does sometime happen. Would you mind doing a uninstall/reinstall and clear out your Cache. Uninstall/clear cache/restart and reinstall making sure you have your keycode available.

Let us know if this helps or not! Otherwise you might need to conatct Support and they can check your logs...which they might have you install Cat Logs from the play store.

Userlevel 2
Will try and then return and report. Thanks Sherry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Macky,

Yes please let us know ..and you are most welcome. I have WSAC on my Android and it used to do that once in a while. But it hasn't in a long time. So I usually will uninstall/reinstall if things go arrie.

Hope it works for you!

Userlevel 2
Well, that didn't work. Cleared Cache, uninstalled, reinstalled. Initial scan seemed to hang on the SD card. Gave same alert eventually that Secure anywhere wasn't responding anymore and asked to force close. Then it says it found no threats.??? Will follow your advice and get with support. Thanks again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Macky.

May I ask if you are running any other AVs with your Android?
Userlevel 2
I didn't think so, but this time when I was installing I noticed that another little shield came up and said Webroot was being scanned and it was safe? I was runing Norton's Premium 360 before....but it seemed to disappear upon expiration?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Macky..can you go onto your applications and make sure it's Uninstalled or stop it. Or look on the Google Play store and see if you can Uninstall it. That might be interfering with Webroot. .That's just my guess..
Userlevel 2
Went in to my settings and app manager, and found Norton 360 still there. Uninstalled it. I also found an app with a little red shield (maybe from Verizon) that says support and protection. I don't know what it is, but then I have a lot of apps under showing all apps that I have never heard of/used or installed. I'm guesing they came with the phone from Verizon? I haven't uninstalled that since I don't know what it is.
Userlevel 2
That support and protection red shield app is also in the running list.of apps. Again, likely from Verizon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes that is Verizon Shuelds..disable it..you don't need it. I stopped mine on my device because all you need us Webroot 🙂
Userlevel 2
Confirmed it is a Verizon app. Nervous about uninstalling and losing support from them, since it is named support & protection. Went in and turned off all the on/off buttons it has under security.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I stopped mine from running. .
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry Macky..I'm on my cell right now and the car is causing my bad tryping. But I do believe you can stop the Verizon shields without an issue where as you don't have to uninstall it..
Userlevel 2
It is a Verizon built in app. I don't think I have the option of uninstalling it, and when I open it and click on the disable button if gives me warnings that disabling a built in app may cause other things to not work properly?
Userlevel 2
Just caught up with you. I will disable it, as you suggested, and see if that resolves the webroot hangup, and return and report. Thanks again. As I said, I/we sure have a lot of apps/junk under show all apps.
Userlevel 2
Webroot scan is hung again after I disabled Verizon Support & Protect.  Will wait til it resets and will clear cache again, uninstall, and reinstall, and see what happens.
Userlevel 2
Hung up again on scanning the SD card. All this time I've been waiting on support to answer my text.  I'll just call them. Thanks though for your efforts.
Userlevel 2
If this makes you feel any better, on the phone for more than an hour with support, multiple uninstall, reinstall, disable/uninstall various apps,  and multiple calls, all to no avail so far. The tech is escalating to supervisor and either he or they will get back as soon as possible.
Userlevel 2
Thanks again for YOUR efforts. I will say this, the tech was a regular bulldog.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Macky,

Well I hope you get this sorted soon. Thanks for your patience and I do remember Support having do a reset on my Android..Now just encase make sure you are ba c ked up with Verizon cloud or an Google.

Sorry I wasn't much help in getting this resolved. .

Let us know if you get this fixed ok? Thanks