Solved

Newest Update

  • 2 September 2013
  • 5 replies
  • 39 views

Until this latest update my mobile premium software worked fine. Now, it won't scan in the background, hands up while trying to scan, uses all my resources & drains my battery. I have to force end it, which defeats the purpose. Is there any way to go back to the earlier version?
icon

Best answer by MikeR 14 October 2013, 21:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello sblanchard and welcome to the Webroot Community!

 

Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the Mobile version?
Yes, it didn't help.
Userlevel 7
Sometimes large files on the SD card, uncleared cache and other such things cause a new install (which the upgrade may consider itself to be) can cause the mobile version to appear to be locked up. That said...this case seems a bit more than just that. You might want to file a Trouble Ticket (link below) to have it looked at a bit more closely.



I don't think this is a widespread problem with the new Mobile version as I have not seen or heard of others having the problem. It seems to be something maybe unique in your case.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Until this latest update my mobile premium software worked fine. Now, it won't scan in the background, hands up while trying to scan, uses all my resources & drains my battery. I have to force end it, which defeats the purpose. Is there any way to go back to the earlier version?
If I had not read your post I would not realize there is really something wrong with the latest build. So thanks for having raised the issue.

 

- The console doesn't record correctly scans and definition updates. I have set daily scans and even though I see in WSA mobile that the scan has been run today at 7:20 it doesn't show up in the console. The same is valid for definition updates.

- Forcing updates check doesn't show the correct time and date of the last check in WSA mobile. I mean if I manually initiate the update check in the application it always showed (in the previous builds) the date and time when I did the check. Now it is stuck three days back.

 

As for your findings, it might seem that the scan duration is a little bit longer.

 

Being the power user of WSA needless to say that I tried a few reinstalls but to no avail.

 

HTC Desire S with Android 4.0.4, WSA Complete for Android 3.4.0.5655

 

I am gonna to open a support ticket with the link to this thread, sorry have not time to write it again.
Userlevel 7
Please read our Knowlede Base article on frozen scans with Webroot and if you are determined the app is the cause after following the instructions, it would be best to Open a Support Ticket so that we can collect mobile logs.

Reply