No keyboard can't unlock phone

• 6 April 2016
  • 6 replies

Removed sim card from nexus 5 now webroot has locked this device at owners request. Push unlock the box comes up enter password but there is no keyboard on the screen it is connected to wifi

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Jrp240sx

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Pease read this Android User Guide to try to unlock your device from the Online Account Console.

If this does not help then my advice would be to do a soft reset on the device or get your cell phone provider to assist.

I heard that using an OTG USB plug to plug in an USB keybord and type the password. Instructions for that here
This procedure has not been approved by Webroot but if the above does not give any relief you could try this

But please Contact Webroot Support and they might be able to asist you. http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Hope this helps?

THIS IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS, MY PHONE IS LOCKED ITS NIGHT AND I HAVE NO PHONE IF I NEED IT, THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE 2016 AND THEY DONT FREAKING FIX IT, WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM???????????????????  I NEED TO GET MY PHONE UNLOCKED now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND OF COURSE SUPPORT DOES NOT ANSWER EMAILS AND THERE IS NOT PHONE.  NOT RENEWING WEBROOT FOR SURE!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Holding down the menu button is a universal command to open up the keyboard on any screen, so you might want to try that.............................or

Have you tried a simple reboot? Turn off, battery out, battery in, then turn on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Since 2016?....................and are you blaming Webroot for this?
Userlevel 7
@, our Support Team has responded to your ticket but please do keep in mind that your case will be bumped back to the bottom of the list if you submit more than one message.

This is an issue that rarely happens on some devices and our Team is actively looking for a solution. They've had reported cases that booting your device into Safe Mode can be successful in resolving this.