Optimizer

• 17 November 2017
  • 5 replies

I purchased Webroot thru Geek Squad at Best Buy. Don't see optimizer in my Android app as I do on computer. Do I need Security Premier for this at $14.99 additional?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello rfthomp,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

I don't believe Webroot Android version has an Optimizer.

Please have a look at this Webroot Android help information HERE.

You could also call Best Buy  at 1-800-GeekSquad and ask them if you do get the Optimizer on your device. But I have not heard of this program on an Android.

HTH
Userlevel 7
Hi Sherry

As far as I can tell you are quite correct when you say that the Android Mobile Security app from Webroot does not have an Optimizer feature...at least I have not been able to find one in the Complete version.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Baldrick! 

Thank you for confirming this. I know we have mentioned using CCleaner for an Android. But I personally don't feel comfortable using it on my device. Nether the less this could be mentioned in the Ideas & Exchange?

If you would like to subit an Idea you can do so @
Userlevel 7
Hi Sherry

No worries...it is all about teamwork. ;)

From what I can see there is a 'native' optimiser function built into Android itself...but I have installed (on my work mobile...I have little choice as to what mobile OS I use :() & use CCleaner for Android and it does not seem to cause any issues...for whatever that is worth.

Personally I cannot see what the point would be of adding such a feature to the mobile version of WRSA...would just equate to bloatware in my humble opinion. 

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Baldrick I do agree that WSAC on an Android device would become bloated and really unnecessary. You are right about that. I was just throwing that out there.;)

For all it is worth means alot to me Sir Baldrick . SoThank you for letting me know that you do use CCleaner. I may try it after all since it is installed on my device anyways. 😃