Solved

PC's work fine as does one Android phone, second doesn't

I am having a similar issue as several others on various postings but I'm unable to get a resolution so I thought I'd ask here.
I have two PC's protected and working fine.  My wife and I have exactly the same Android phones.  My phone works fine but I am unable to log into Webroot through her phone and the the "the email or password you entered is incorrect".  The online interface shows her phone "needing attention" and that the "USB debugging is enabled" where in fact it is not.  I am unable to make the program run at all on her phone.  Her phone did work just fine when new and she broke that phone and got an exact replacement and ATT moved her SIM card to the new phone.  This is approximately when we started having issues with her Webroot software not working.
What can I do to fix this? 
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by JimM 10 July 2012, 17:00

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Community Old_Painless!

I think I see what happened here. I've made an adjustment on our back end. Please let me know if that helps or not. If the issue persists, there may be more we can do to help, but a little back-and-forth may be required in that case. Please let me know. 🙂
Thanks, but I see no change to either the online information or my ability to log in via the phone. 
Please advise next steps.
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  I'm not sure how AT&T went about moving the data from the old phone to the new one.  You may need to disable device admin for Webroot through the settings on your device itself in order to be able to uninstall it.

In the event you still can't sign in after reinstalling the app, please try creating a new user through the online console.  To do this, sign into the console, click your email address, and click Manage Users.  From there, you can create a new user and try to sign in with that one instead.

What had originally happened however is that the password was entered incorrectly enough times that it locked the account on the IP address from which the login failures occurred.  That's generally indicative of entering the password incorrectly.  Have you looked at this knowledge base article concerning password entry yet?  There are a lot of ways in which it could be the case that the login information is not being entered properly.
I created a new user as directed and uninstalled / reinstalled the software on the phone....same result..  This is using the new email address and using the original key code on shown on my online account.
Userlevel 7
How is this phone connected to the internet? Are you doing this through a 3G/4G connection or via wi-fi? Please try from the other connection type regardless of which one you're using at the moment.

If it still fails, please private message me the keycode you're using so we can be sure we're investigating the correct keycode. It's possible maybe we're looking at one other than the one you're trying to use. To private message me, click my username and select "Send this user a private message" on the right side of the screen. Please be sure to type it instead of copying and pasting it as well just to make sure you aren't possibly mistaking an O for a 0 or something of that nature.

We could ultimately bypass this issue by issuing you a new keycode and requesting that you set up a new online account on the new keycode, thus not associating it in any way with the old account with the issue.
Was on WiFi and switched to 3G - no change
Will try private messge
My key code works for my phone and the PC's so I don't think it is the key code issue.
Userlevel 7
It appears neither of your users have access to two of the functions supported by the Complete version of the mobile app, which is what you are trying to use. Please enable permissions for Backups and Passwords and ensure that those features are working for you in the online console prior to reattempting to use the Complete mobile app.

To adjust the permissions, sign in to the online console, click your email address at the top right of the screen, click Manage Users, and click the little person with the pencil icon on the far right. Go to the Access and Permissions tab. Please place checks in every checkbox on this screen. For the dropdown menus, select the Admin or Access options.
The app installed and updated / fixed itself....thanks.
I don't see this device on my online account though...how do I fix that now?
I see that is different for each log in...no worries.
Thanks for the help in getting this resolved.  I am good from here.