Solved

Phone Locked no reason

• 5 July 2013
  • 4 replies

OK whiz kids I am not happy. all my contacts on the phone not the sim. I did not do anything
phone worked great all day as nit does every day. At 11pm Battery was running low so decided to switch off the phone
and put it on charge. Just before closing the phone the Red message screen appreared telling me "Webroot has locked device at the request of owner".  No I did not, so whats the solution I have 5 passwords I use for various things and none of them have unlocked the phone.
I have not set up a password on the phone for anything so what and why did it lock my phone.
One of my swift key numbers is an emergency number for medical attention due to an illness my wife has.
Anything happens to her, look out webroot. 
icon

Best answer by YegorP 5 July 2013, 18:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Inke and welcome to the Webroot Community.

Have you set up your Account Console in the past?  If so, the password to log into the Console is very likely the password that you will need to unlock the phone.  

Give it a try and let us know if that works.  You can also Submit a Trouble Ticket for additional help.

Hello
I have tried every password known to me. (Written in a book) the One I used for webroot does not work.
It is one of 5 passwords I use.
Phone stilllocked and this is costing me business today.  
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello
I have tried every password known to me. (Written in a book) the One I used for webroot does not work.
It is one of 5 passwords I use.
Phone stilllocked and this is costing me business today.  
Thank you for the reply.  This kind of issue is really quite rare.  I would strongly suggest that you file a Trouble Ticket, but hopefully other members here will have further ideas as well.
Userlevel 7
Hi Inke,

DavidP is right in that this is not a common issue and that submitting a support ticket is usually the best way to go in these types of cases. That said, if you haven't submitted the ticket yet, I'd be more than happy to take a look at your account and see if I can get a better idea of what's causing the problem. Can you please Private Message me the email address you use to login to your My Webroot account as well the keycode for your subscription?

Thanks,