Possible false positive

• 30 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Who do I ask about a false positive. I've been using the app for years. It was last updated on 4/11/2017. Today, 4/30, it came up positive. I don't think it is.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello

The best thing to do is to submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support  and ask Webroot Support to take a look this for you. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7
Sorry, I should have said I'm using Android Mobile Premier version. Its activated and registered but not listed under my devices. When I tap add device, I get a pop-up with instructions to download the app. I'm sort of lost with how to proceed. I guess getting my phone listed is more important now than the false positive.
Userlevel 7
Hi markdoc

If I may just help out here. Whether your not the instance of Android Mobile is listed or not under 'Mt Devices' is, I believe irrelevant and not being listed does not in any way affect the protection afford by or the functionality of the app installed on your phone.

So in my book the FP is most likely the most important issue here. I would focus on getting the Support Team notified of the FP issue, as explained by Petr, and as a by the by, and only if you have not done so already, include the registration issue.

Do not update an already opened ticket prior to receiving a response from the SUpport Team as that has the effect of sending your ticket to the back of the queue.

Hope that helps?

Baldrick