Problem w/ keycode to download android app

• 4 December 2014
  • 6 replies

I'm trying to install the android app, but the system won't take the given keycode ... how do I get around this problem?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I'm trying to install the android app, but the system won't take the given keycode ... how do I get around this problem?
Hello pbenesh,

Welcome to the Community,

Please make sure you have downloaded the correct Webroot Version from the Google Play Store, follow this LINK and follow these instructions.

Let us know if you still have problems with your keycode.

Best Regards,

I am having the same issue. Yes, I downloaded the correct Android app for Webroot-Correct. It will not take the keycode that was used to install Webroot on my computer. When I enter the keycode provided the Android app tells me "Error: The keycode you entered is not a Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete keycode. You must be a Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete customer to use this version. Please double check the keycode you entered (154)"

Well, I double, triple, quadruple checked. And, yes I am a Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete who is trying to use the keycode that came with the product I purhcase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello AlexisB,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you are having this problem. Would you mind uninstalling the WSAC Android version and clear your cache as advised here and reboot your device, Then reinstall from the playstore WSA Complete. Have your keycode ready and try again please.
EDIT: Forgot to mention for you to make sure you have Mobile, Backup & Sync/ Passwords enabled in your User Profile in the Console.

I also have an Android with WSA and I had to clear the cache and reinstall again so I'm hoping this works for you!

If this still does not work then Contact Support free oif charge and they can direct your further.

Would you let us know the outcome so that we may help others because we are Volunteers on this Webroot Forum.

Best  Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ ,

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes.  

Regards,

Still not working. 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Still not working. 
Alexis, 

If you have verified that you downloaded the correct app, AND double checked the User Profile configuration in the Console as noted by Sherry, please submit a Trouble Ticket.    99% of Andoid login issues are resolved by both of those, so at this point you might well need more specialized support.