Red Webroot lock screen appears when I turn on my Blackberry phone. Can I stop this happening?

• 10 March 2015
  • 3 replies

When I turn on my Blackberry Q10 phone from shutdown the red Webroot lock screen appears and I need to enter my Webroot password to gain access to the phone. Webroot appears to think that I have replaced my SIM card, but this is not the case. How can I stop this happening ?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello MalcolmS,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

I can't say if uninstalling/reinstalling would help this matter.

Your best bet is to submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active license and they can help you sort this out.

Please let us know if this gets resolved or not for it would be vaulable information for others.

Kind Regards,

Hi Sherry
Thanks for the reply. I'm pleased to say that the problem went away all by itself after turning the phone an and off a few more times. I also tried turning the 'persistant' mode on and off, but this appears not to make a difference. It may be that Webroot couldn't identify the SIM card for some reason but has now made contact. Anyway, all's well.
Regards,
Malcolm.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi MalcolmS,

Great news! We really do appreciate that you have gotten back to us. Please let us know if you need anything else!

Best Regards