Removing app icon?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

"Because it is a security application, it would not be very effective if it were just turned off. So we don't let it turn off. If you do not wish to see the icon in the notification bar, you can go into the app, to the main screen, and press the menu button on the device. Tap the "General Settings" menu, then uncheck the only item: Persistent status. This will remove the status icon from the notification bar and only alert you when Something Happens"

I cannot get into or find 'general' settings..tried tapping on everything and a no go
help me please, Just want to remove the icon from the top
🙂 Gordon

24 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
To change the persistent status of the Webroot icon:
  1. From the main SecureAnywhere Mobile panel, press your mobile device's Menu button.
  2. Tap General Settings.
  3. Tap the Persistent Status checkbox.[list]
  4. A green checkmark indicates that the Webroot icon will appear in your device's top bar.
  5. A grayed-out checkmark removes the icon from the top bar.
[/list]
I dont see menu button at all/?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gordon,

Open Webroot and to the upper right are three dots, Click on that and a Menu will pop open at the botton screen. There you will see General Settings/Open that and you will see Persistent Status and uncheck that box. This will remove the Webroot icon from the top.

@ Let me know if you cannot find this and I will post pictures. Here they are encase.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Ok I do not have the three dots to get to menu and settings when
I open up the program, now other apps it there on them..so my screen
must not be large enough to get that menu bar to show, interesting indeed!

Is there any other way to get to setting? I would like change some other items as well.
thank you for the help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi,

Okay open up the Webroot and at the bottom is a white space on the right with 3 bars..click on that.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
NOPE! dont have that either?? should I do a re-install?
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
ok at the very bottom of the phone, I found the  icons for returning home arrow back and then like yours in the.gif
is three horizantal lines!! yahoo that brought up settings general change password..ect..ect
so good to go and  want to say a big thank you to you!!

I feel so stupid now! but the menu bar three dots(which in high school and oly beer meant a whole other thing..LOL)
should be viewable

Now I have a key with 365 days on it how do i implement that?
no where to change that setting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Gordon,

Sorry I'm away from my computer right now but...I'll try to help you by my cell phone.

Don't feel stupid..it happens to the best of us. I'm not sure what you are saying about 365 day keycode. Do you have a new license with a new keycode?  
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
affiurmative
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Now Gordon, you did tell me many years ago that there is no such thing as a stupid question, can you not remember that ;)
You are in good hands with Sherry, she will sort you out mate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gordon, @

Since you have WSAC have you added your new keycode to your PCs?

Click the gear icon next to My Account. Your account panel displays.http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/Content/Resources/Images/MyAccountDetails.png

When adding your new keycode in the "Manage Keycodes" section of the web console. When you sign into your Account Console, click your email address at the top right, go to "Manage Keycodes," and choose to "Add Product Keycode."  Once the new keycode exists in the console, the console will understand that it should start displaying that subscription data.

Note: Currently, since you are using the Password Management feature, support will need to assist you in this process to retain functionality beyond the expiration date of the original keycode.  Please contact support for assistance in associating your account to the proper keycode.

EDIT: Also you will need to set your permissions:
Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.
If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit. 

Then I would uninstall Webroot from my Mobile device and install WSAC with new keycode. And follow the prompts there.

If you have more questions thern feel free to ask.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
done thank you!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gordon,

You are welcome. Just holler if you need anything else.:D
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
ok just tried to un-install the app and now all i get is NOTHING!!
except for emergency calls!!

THIS IS NOT GOOD!! what do I do? DID I LOSE ALL MY STUFF
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gordon,

Here is a Knowledge Base article to uninstall WSAC fom your mobile device.  Try this and make sure you restart your device and then reinstall. Let me know how it goes>
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry Gordon, I just reread your response again. Your phone has nothing on it anymore?
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Ii get get into my phone just has a blinking box and red cross for emegency calls only!!
what do i do..
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gordon,

It looks like you have been locked out of your phone. Can you call your service povider or reset your device? I'm not sure why this has happened.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
https://]http://i60.tinypic.com/350szty.jpg[/img][/url]
cant i do anything from here??!!
would make sence if I lost it and then got it back
crap this sucks
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
because i tried removing webroot secure and it went to
where it now, thats why
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry Gordon, @

Looks like you are locked out of your device and the only way that I know of is to do a soft reset or contact the support team or call https://tel:18666124268
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Ok had to set everything back to factory settings and good to go!
I cant download Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete it says I haveit already installed
can you help with that
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gordon,

I'm happy to hear you have got your mobile device back and running.

I'd hate to have the same thing happen to you as before and that is where Webroot locked your device.

Is Webroot showing up in your programs?

One thing you can try is before installing Webroot, select a NEW password for your phone and make sure it is working
correctly.
On installing and configuring Webroot, use the same password on the Webroot Console/User  as you did on the phone. Change your online password to match your cell phone.
That way, if anything strange happens, it will be on the same password either way..

You still need to uninstall Webroot by following these instructions  Here and to clean your cache as mentioned in this KB article. And reinstall with this KB Article here by making sure you have your new keycode WSAC.

Are you able to do this? If not then please submit that Support Ticket and they will gladly help you free of charge.

Do get back if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
I have webroot back on my phone, so far its running just fine!
I never used a paasword to get on my phone..ever so that part makes no sense to me??
appreciate your help a lot.

my program on my pc has newk ey code with 365 days and same key code used on cell phone
I do not need to register my phone online do I?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Gordon,

Is your Android activated?

From the main Webroot Mobile Security panel, press your mobile device's Menu button.
In the Settings panel, tap Register.
Tap Activate.
Enter your product key, then tap Activate.

If you've already done this then you are registered.

Best Regards,