Samsung Galaxy Tab S "lock screen setting in unsafe state"

• 25 November 2015
  • 4 replies

Webroot on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S is reporting "lock screen setting in unsafe state" even though I have fingerprint recognition switched on.  Is fingerprint security not "safe"?

Thanks
Dave

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello dparnell,

I have registered with my fingerprint on my Samsung. Webroot is not giving me the problem you have stated. So again maybe a Support ticket is in order if the previous reply from me doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ? & ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues.

EDITED: Please look here at ? reply to simaliar issue. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Mobile-for-Android/Phone-security-Problem/m-p/229061#M3926

I have a Samsung Note 4 running Webroot and I use a pin. I haven't tried the fingerprint though. I can try to test my Samsung with the fingerprinting and see what happens. I'll get back to you.

Would you both want to do a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot from your device.Instructions here to uninstall https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-for/How-to-Uninstall-Webroot-From-an-Android-Mobile-Device/ta-p/140807

Then restart your device and reinstall from the Play Store once again.

OR if you would rather Submit a Support Ticket they can advise you further. This is a free service with an active Webroot subscription.

I think it is bug in their latest patch. I have this same issue on my LG G3. No matter how many times I try to set it back to pattern lock screen, a few minutes later, it goes right back and it is disabled again automatically. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
In general that would be more then safe enough but i allways use pattern swiping because i don't like finger print recognition as that recognition can be affected by your hands being dirty or sweatty. Let's wait for the experts to answer on this as i don't have a Tab S to check for you & have no Samsung experience