Solved

Sceam Locked my phone

• 14 November 2012
  • 1 reply

I lost my phone, sent a scream to it via my computer, and it asks me for my Webroot password because my phone doesnt have a screen lock, but when i hit unlock it takes me to my screen lock. I tried everything.I can enter in almost anything into my screen lock and it takes me back to webroots locked screen, but when i hit unlock it starts the process all over again. please HELP
icon

Best answer by MikeR 14 November 2012, 23:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the forum, vman1234.

vman1234 wrote:
I lost my phone, sent a scream to it via my computer, and it asks me for my Webroot password because my phone doesnt have a screen lock, but when i hit unlock it takes me to my screen lock. I tried everything.I can enter in almost anything into my screen lock and it takes me back to webroots locked screen, but when i hit unlock it starts the process all over again. please HELP

When you say "but when i hit unlock it takes me to my screen lock", what is the screen lock that you are presented with? A pattern or a keyboard with an entry box? If it is the keyboard, you will need to use the password that you created on your MyWebroot Account. I see that you have initiated a Security Code recovery and a Password recovery as well, you may want to try the password previously used and the one that you updated after clicking the link in your email.

If when you are tapping the unlock button it's showing a pattern screen, that would indicate that there is in fact a pattern lock set up on the device. If however you believe that is not the case and you believe the app is at fault, we can try to investigate on our end by reproducing the issue.

Also, please provide the make and model number of your device.