Solved

Secure anywhere keycode

• 17 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
When I set up my key code it is all numbers no dashes or special characters, just plain numbers. I notice when I'm setting everything up and r Teri g .y Emai, password, and key code it is putting dashes in my key code. I have tried resetting it and erasing them. No luck. I need help. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 17 August 2016, 05:30

View original

6 replies

Hi ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

When you say you set up the keycode, I"m not sure what you mean. Where did you set this up?

Your keycode is not something that you set up yourself. It is provided to you when you purchase Webroot, either in the packaging, if you bought a physical copy, or via email, if purchased online. It is a 20 character set of numbers and letters (and dashes) similar to this example:

SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Please see if you can find a similar code and enter that when prompted.

If you're still having trouble please let us know. :)

bd

Userlevel 1
I'm sorry I was getting that and the security code mixed up. Thank you!
You're very welcome ?. I was thinking the same thing (about security code). Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. Please feel free to drop by the Community anytime for any reason. There is a ton of useful information here and a whole group of dedicated, helpful, and friendly members who are always willing to help a fellow Webroot user out. :)

Have a good day,

bd

Userlevel 1
Sorry now it's telling me it is an incorrect keycode and gives me an error code of 154. I have triple checked it and I know it isn't. Wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
It sounds like you may be using the wrong app for your subscription.  Try downloading the "Security - Free" app, since that one takes every kind of subscription that includes mobile protection.

Hello ?,

? is correct. Please see the following information:

Which Android Version Do I Download?

There can sometimes be some confusion around which version of Webroot to download to your Android device, depending on which kind of subscription you have.  This table will help to answer that question based on what kind of Webroot software you have on your computer.

Your Computer Has:
So Your Android Needs:

NONE

For Basic functionality, download the free version.

For Premier functionality, use the keycode you received when purchasing Premier.

Free

Or

Premier  (First download only)*

And optional
Free SecureWeb Browser

WSA-Antivirus

The Antivirus version is ineligible for use with Premier.  However, you can still use the free version of Webroot for Android.

Free

And optional
Free SecureWeb Browser

WSA-Internet Security Plus

Use the same key code as you use for your computer.  This will provide the functionality of Premier you received when purchasing WSA-Internet Security Plus.  When installing it, choose "I already have an account."***

Free**
See note below for how to activate Premier from within Free.

And optional
Free SecureWeb Browser

WSA-Internet Security Complete

Use the same key code as you use for your computer.

WSA-Complete

(SecureWeb Browser, Password Manager and Backup & Sync is included)

*Premier users who already have a Premier key code should re-download using the Free version and then activate the Premier functionality from within the Free version that you have downloaded.

**How to activate Premier from within Free:
After finishing the setup process for the Free version, tap the Android Menu button from the main screen of the Webroot app.  Then tap Register.  Then tap Activate and enter your Premier or Internet Security Plus keycode.  Then tap OK.

***If you do not already have an online account, please create one first.

Hope this info helps, :)

BD