Solved

secure lock screen

There is a notification that keeps telling me my secure lock screen  is in an unsafe state on my new laptop.  I have set up a lock screen with a PIN.   The notification still persists.  If I choose to ignore it then Lost Devise Protection will be turned off.  I don’t want that.  What am I doing wrong here?  Thanks for the help!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 6 June 2021, 15:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Laboratory 

You posted in the Android forum but you are talking about a new Laptop right? Do you have Webroot installed and having issues with Webroot? We need more info to help you. I understand as I have a PIN on both my Windows PC’s and Android phones without issues we just need more correct info.

Thanks,

Yes it is a chrome book.  Webroot is installed.  I always have a notification that says I need to set up a secure lock screen.  I have done this but the notification is still here.  If I ignore it then apparently I will not be able to use Lost Devise Protection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Laboratory 

Please contact Webroot Support for further help because as far as I know Chrome OS is not supported but they will know for sure. Please give them a few days because it’s the weekend and there still working from home due to COVID-19.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Thanks,