Solved

SecureAnywhere removal on Andriod Phone

I got a notification that SecureAnywhere is being discontinued and being replaced with Webroot Mobile Security, I went through the new installation process where it removes the old app and installs the new. I didn't remove the old app (even though its not there) I'm still getting secureanywhere notifications to upgrade to the new app when I already have it on my phone. So I uninstalled the new one, set the permission to secureanywhere off and I'm still getting secureanywhere notification with no webroot app on my andriod phone. I hate the new app and it crashes often, telling me that in a notifiaction. I totally hate the new interface and what little control I have on my phone now. How can I totally remove it from my phone I no longer want to run the mobile app. I want it completely gone off my phone. I will still run the desktop app one since I like the easy interface and both my PC's are protecte

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 9 June 2022, 03:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @elqueso2 

Have a look here: https://community.webroot.com/news-announcements-3/faq-on-webroot-mobile-security-upgrade-351503

If that doesn’t help then please contact Webroot Support.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Thanks,

Hi elqueso2.

Apparently, you are not alone in voicing your complaint.

Ever since the new mobile upgrade was released by Webroot there’s been a surge of complaints about the new Android version. The most common complaint is the new user interface. More later.

Thanks TripleHelix for the link to the video.

I watched the upgrade video, and I followed the instructions to upgrade, which worked. I signed in (because I already had an account) and the app was ok. The video actually explains why the SecureAnywhere mobile app was replaced by the new mobile version released just now. Concerning the upgrade, the problem lies with Google, not Webroot. Google made changes to the Android OS that left Webroot with no choice but to release a new app.

The new mobile app is actually working and scanning your mobile device every day.

Solution:

My advice is go re-install the app. You don’t have to open the app to use it. It is, in fact, running in the background. If you paid for one of the annual Webroot products, like Internet Security Plus or Complete, you will have mobile protection included. All you have to do is create a new account (or use an existing one). Your new account will store your keycode. When you sign in, your account will automatically point to the keycode. There’s no need to input the keycode into the new mobile app - it just works differently.

A suggestion for improvement:

Dear Webroot development team…

Users are currently confused as to whether the new mobile app is actually running. Some don’t know whether they have to open the app in order to scan their mobile device. There’s a lot of confusion out there. Is the app just another web browser, or an anti-virus scanner, both? it’s unclear how the user should use the app.

If you are reading this, I have a suggestion for improving the mobile app. I suggest displaying an icon in the status bar at the top of the screen, just like you did with the old SecureAnywhere app. This at the very least would reassure users that the app is in fact running and protecting the mobile device.

It would also help to let users know that the app functions as a 2-in-one app giving users both mobile protection (i.e., scanning the device), and a safe web browsing experience.

The new Android app is a disaster!

It's also quite unhealthy to find the (almost childish) excuses of the new Google terms for Android, because all the other Android security suites work well and have kept a lot of functions.

Hi Jacques.

I don’t know whether your comment was directed towards me, or to Webroot.

I would only respond by saying you are free to use whatever security software you like to use . No software is perfect.

Hello Rupertsland ! 🖖🏻

No, don't worry, I was talking about webroot. 😉

I find that using the Android changes as an excuse for a very diminished product was very childish. 👶🏻

We can see what the others are doing (Comodo, Bitdefeder, Eset, etc...) and we immediately realize that Webroot's speech does not hold water...
Alas, there is no solution: the new product has failed.